Atomic Bombing of Japan

Moderator: Hubert Cater

OldCrowBalthazor

RE: Atomic Bombing of Japan

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

Oh my. I was making a jab at JJR for his use of XXX(Japanese) by my use of XXX(Nipponese) by using irony and intellect..or so I thought. JJR also responded in kind with Yank(Yankee) satire TV clips with a quite intelligent and witty repartee.

Snowflakes indeed. Thank the goddess I'm old school and know how to engage with someone that offends me like JJR does sometimes..and not the butt-hurt responses like just dropped like a baboon on this thread.

On an aside. My wife of long duration is East Asian. I'm of European and Native American extraction. OK? I have witnessed and engaged with racists constantly...especially verbal garbage and just plain rude behavior on her. I have learned to deal with cro-magnon thought in actions and words in subtle ways..ways that are unknown by certain elements on my side of the street (the Left side).

There..said my piece.

Illiniwek80

Post by Illiniwek80 »

Ah yes, the good ol' referring to people who care in the slightest about the feelings of others as "snowflakes". That'll teach 'em!
OldCrowBalthazor

ORIGINAL: EarlyDoors

Hi Old Crow

As you say 3rd A bomb drops on Osaka in November 45..not that it makes any difference

Japanese NM still at 79%!

I'm beginning to get slightly p'd off with these bombs

Hi EarlyDoors...sorry missed this with all the uproar haha.

Obviously, Your Japanese have faired much better than mine in my PBEM match. Still...we fought on into spring of 1946. What cracked Nippon was a Soviet invasion of Manchokuo with Chinese mass wave assaults. I had to send my victorious fleet (never defeated in any large engagement) on a last sortee from Hokkaido on towards the rising sun. :))
Our two examples goes to show that 'late game' has its charm..if anyone can get to late game that is!

cheers

(hope this got the thread back on the right track...but well, you know how it goes with atomic 'bombs' or baboons.)[:D]

Attachments
AxisRampage.jpg
AxisRampage.jpg (129.07 KiB) Not viewed yet
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: Edorf

What’s the deal with all this need to use the terms “Japs” and “Nips” when referring to the Japanese? And then having to add “Japanese” in brackets.

Some while ago there was a thread dealing with this as some on the forum was offended by the use of ethnic slurs by some posters.
I would appreciate If you could use the term “Japanese” when referring to the Japanese in WW2.

Just wanted to take up this issue and I will not comment on it any further.

Thanks for the post and reminder to everyone what road we just went down with all of this not too long ago.

Can everyone just edit their posts to remove the offending words (even if you put the full word in brackets) that I had also agreed were not welcome to these forums and let's get back to wargaming and discussing the game.

Thanks,
Hubert
OldCrowBalthazor

Edited relevant offending terms on my posts. Even satire and irony has its limits...at least publicly.
Now..back to the Atomic Bombs.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”