Airplane on moon with no atmosphere

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

darckense

Airplane on moon with no atmosphere

Post by darckense »

Hi everyone,

I recently finished a play on a small moon with no atmosphere (Gravity 0.1 g, Atmospheric density 0%).
In that case, the advised aircraft engine is 'Rocket'.
It is not possible to research the 'Propeller Engine' tech due to 'requisite condition' missing (I guess that the requisite condition is the atmosphere [8D]
However, once I researched the 'Rocket Engine' tech, I'm not able to build any rocket propelled aircraft.

The point is that the 'Ultralight Aircraft' model is locked behind 'Propeller Engine'. Same for 'Light Thopter' and 'Light Helicopter'.

Am I missing something here, or is this a bug ?

Thanks ! :-)

Game version : v1.09 Steam
--
Darckense)
zgrssd

RE: Airplane on moon with no atmosphere

Post by zgrssd »

As I read the tables in Debug mode, you need Propellar (tech.350) to unlock ultralights, from where you can unlock everything else.
So it does indeed sound like a bug/oversight.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
darckense

Post by darckense »

So ! It was not me ! [:D]
Thanks. I will try to report this, hopefully, this can be easily fixed.
solops

Post by solops »

Propellers ARE required in an airless situation because they look cool and cause a +1 confusion modifier in the enemy's reaction time.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

Return to “Shadow Empire”