Stuck on Restoring a Saved Game

Please post only issues involving NetPlay here. All other issues should go in the main Tech Support sub-forum.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

dtatum

Stuck on Restoring a Saved Game

Post by dtatum »

Desperately trying to play Wif with a friend. When I follow the instructions to load a saved game, it keeps kicking me back to the forum, the manual says it is supposed to Restore the saved game. Help, please.

Centuur

RE: Stuck on Restoring a Saved Game

Post by Centuur »

In the description of the gamesave, there is a next entry number. This has to be the same for the gamesave on both computers. If it isn't, the solution is for one of the players to zip the file with the gamesave and send it through e-mail to his opponent. If he puts it in the right folder, you can both restore the same gamefile.
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You must both be available through the forum for a game to restore. If you want to just view a game in between playing sessions, highlight it and then to the right there's the red box with info about the file and below that on the left there's a restore game button.
Paul
dtatum

Post by dtatum »

Many thanks, I will try this tonight.
dtatum

Post by dtatum »

You must both be available through the forum for a game to restore. If you want to just view a game in between playing sessions, highlight it and then to the right there's the red box with info about the file and below that on the left there's a restore game button.

Thank you! Rather than do zip files, (we are still just trying to set up units for Barbarossa), we can just start over. I just want to be able to do things correctly the first time so we can save and restore games. The manual is a bit tough to follow at times, and there are ways to get off track and not know where you messed up nor how how fix it.

Return to “NetPlay Tech Support”