what happens when ?

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: RedLancer, Joel Billings

freeboy

what happens when ?

Post by freeboy »

When I disband a depot for whatever reason, does freight and trucks move along road net or rail net or is it all abstracted increasing levels ?
"Tanks forward"
loki100

RE: what happens when ?

Post by loki100 »

if you disband, most of any freight that is there is lost, the trucks return to the pool

if you set to priority 0, the freight gets redistrributed, usually over the next couple of logistics phases, trucks return to the pools

In the main setting to #0 is the safer approach, after all you might need the depot again and it ensures less wastage. Immediate disband is useful if you think the the depot will be lost before your next logistics phase.
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

ORIGINAL: loki100

if you disband, most of any freight that is there is lost, the trucks return to the pool

if you set to priority 0, the freight gets redistrributed, usually over the next couple of logistics phases, trucks return to the pools

In the main setting to #0 is the safer approach, after all you might need the depot again and it ensures less wastage. Immediate disband is useful if you think the the depot will be lost before your next logistics phase.
I disagree! In my game, on the next turn, I see how the system distributes the cargo from the hex with the disbanded warehouse to other warehouses and units! The remainder of the cargo is displayed in a pop-up window when you hover the mouse over this hex.

Sorry, i use an online translator :(
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

it sure would be nice to know which it is ??
"Tanks forward"

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”