on details of the combat

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

fulcrum28

on details of the combat

Post by fulcrum28 »

In TOAW4, the elements, infantry squads, or tanks are individually firing to each other.

Here, in WITE1/WITE2, we have the CV values, and as far as I understand, a platoon of medium tanks T-34 and PzIV have the same CV score. So when the uniqueness/features of each model T-34 or PzIV enters into the computation? Or in other words, Is the simulation actually firing T-34 tanks to PzIVs and based on piercing penetration, armor, etc they score hits?

I would like to get some details of this process. or please refer me to the manual page if it is explained in some place.

THank you in advance
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
loki100

RE: on details of the combat

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

In TOAW4, the elements, infantry squads, or tanks are individually firing to each other.

Here, in WITE1/WITE2, we have the CV values, and as far as I understand, a platoon of medium tanks T-34 and PzIV have the same CV score. So when the uniqueness/features of each model T-34 or PzIV enters into the computation? Or in other words, Is the simulation actually firing T-34 tanks to PzIVs and based on piercing penetration, armor, etc they score hits?

I would like to get some details of this process. or please refer me to the manual page if it is explained in some place.

THank you in advance

forget cv, for this, its an estimate of typical strength. Element fires on elememt, organised by range (as you can see in the battle report), there is a chance to hit, consequences of hit sequence, there is stuff out of sight that captures flank hits etc (more than likely keying off element experience), but for tank-tank you can prob rely on AP power of the gun (remember this is modified by platform) vs frontal armour

all totally (& I believe deliberately) out of your control.

But you can see the effect, if a 1941 Pzr division hits a Soviet tank division with BT-7s, you'll win easily with low losses, if the same Soviet formation has KV-1s/T-34s you will prob still win but at a much higher cost

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”