[Logged] Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

BeirutDude

[Logged] Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units

Post by BeirutDude »

Might not be "Tech Support," but feel this is more than a suggestion.

Allow scenario designers to segregate out “Professional Units!” I am constructing a scenario and based it on a particular PRC unit (with about 20 hours of design work). When I reached the point to test that portion out the weapon wouldn’t fire and I (Shift-F1) discovered it was a professional unit.

Suggest you allow designers to remove professional units as we can hypothetical units.

BTW this is the second time this has bit me!
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
KnightHawk75

RE: Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units

Post by KnightHawk75 »

It's usually not the "unit" per-say, it's the specific weapon system on the unit involved.
I don't think that gets evaluated to be 'blocked' till it actually goes to engage\fire.

I suppose like the new addition to the weapon mount dialog where missing comm links are highlighted (a helpful reminder for designers) I suppose it could evaluate weapon-type vs version-license\scenario settings as well and warning in the gui similarly.

WSBot

RE: Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units

Post by WSBot »

Return to “Tech Support”