Lend Lease to Russia

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

canuckgamer

Lend Lease to Russia

Post by canuckgamer »

It is June 43 in our PBEM game. I set up a trade where the USA is sending the max production and 100 oil to Russia. Although the Axis have cut the rail line going south from Murmansk and have taken Moscow, I hold Arkhangelsk. The Russian production has been at about 270 per turn and hasn't increased since setting up this trade agreement. How can I tell how much if anything is getting through to Russia?
stjeand

RE: Lend Lease to Russia

Post by stjeand »

Usually you can see status on the convoy lane on the map...should show a specific number of MS in use.
sveint

Post by sveint »

Don't send oil to Russia, unless you have way too many merchant ships.
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

Since the Murmansk rail line has been cut you will not be able to send any Lend lease to Archangelsk during turns when its port is frozen. Otherwise US Lend Lease is only limited by:

1. the maximum of its production and oil that the US is allowed to send (which I believe is 25% of production, but I don't remember what the maximum oil is)and;

2. the Number of MS available. The program will first try to use Russian MS (they start the game with 20) and if they don't have sufficient numbers will then use US MS.

So if, for example, you have set up the US to trade 100 Production and 100 oil to Russia (which would require 200 MS) but you only have 20 Russian and 80 US Merchant Ships available (total 100), then only 50% of the production and oil will actually be added to Russia's totals.

Of course, if the US is already using some of its MS for other purposes (such as transporting some of it own resources to itself or trading with the UK) then it won't even have the full 80 available for the Russia trade. And also, of course, if the Axis raid the Convoy routes than some of the production and oil may be lost that way.

If you click on the Trade Route Icon it will show all the current trade routes. If you then hover your mouse over the arctic convoy route it will show you how much production and oil is trying to be shipped over that route. But again, if you don't have enough MS not all of the production and oil will be shipped.

Finally, 100 oil per turn is a hell of a lot. Unless Russia has lost its own oil fields and has lots of armour and air, it shouldn't need anywhere near this much.
Robert Harris
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Thanks for all the replies. I certainly have learned a lot from this forum. The only Russian oilfield that I still hold is Baku so I am trying to build up the oil stockpile of the Russians. I haven't lost any Russian air units as I moved them well behind the lines before Barbarossa so if the Russians can ever get to the point where they can conduct some offensives I will need the oil. I just invaded on the western front this past turn taking Amsterdam while maintaining also a bridgehead in Brittany that I invaded earlier. I am hoping that this will draw enough German units from the eastern front to allow the Russians to recover.

Return to “WarPlan”