Questions Questions Questions

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

canuckgamer

Questions Questions Questions

Post by canuckgamer »

If I have CVs included in my invasion fleet (transport with land unit) will the aircraft on the CVs provide CAP if the fleet is intercepted by enemy air?

As I will be conducting some invasions soon in my PBEM game I have been experimenting using hotseat to learn invasion mechanics. Some hexes with the beach indicator cannot be invaded. Examples are Calais, Dunkirk, Le Harve and Rotterdam. Why have the beach indicator?

In my PBEM game the rail from Murmansk has been cut by the Finns so no lend lease in the winter months. Which months constitute summer months so that I can receive lend lease via Archangel? Or is it determined by the weather in the convoy route? If it is the weather what type of weather allows lend lease to Archangel?
stjeand

RE: Questions Questions Questions

Post by stjeand »

CVs will provide a little cap...but nothing like land based. CVs have a LOT less fighters.

There is beach and coastline. I see coastline in those places...not "beach". Not sure what indicator you are seeing.
Ports can not be "invaded" unless there is beach next to them.

You can get Lend Lease through Archangel if rail still exists to the capitol...(forgive my spelling)
Nirosi

Post by Nirosi »

If it is the weather what type of weather allows lend lease to Archangel?

Any weather that freeze a port (ice icon in the port hex) will stop Archangel to be used. Blizzard for sure and IIRC also Snow. But Fair, Cold, Rain and Heavy Rain is Ok.
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

In some cases the only way I can tell if a hex is beach or coast is by moving my cursor over it.

I guess I am in trouble in regards to lend lease because Moscow is in Axis hands.

Thanks for the replies.
Nirosi

Post by Nirosi »

I guess I am in trouble in regards to lend lease because Moscow is in Axis hands.

I believe you should still be able to get lend-lease as long as the new capital is connected by rail to Archangel (whenever Archangel is not frozen).

Return to “WarPlan”