[1.09.00] Desaster Event hitting capital/SHQ instead of designated city

Moderator: Vic

Clandestine

[1.09.00] Desaster Event hitting capital/SHQ instead of designated city

Post by Clandestine »

Sometimes negative effects happening to one of your cities, actually have their effects applied to your capital/SHQ instead.

Most recently one of my small cities was hit by a bacterial outbreak event. The city counts 800 workers and 11100 civilians.
My Governor was successful in his roll, but it still resulted in a death toll of 8600 workers and 2900 civilians.
Those deaths however were subtracted in my capital/SHQ.

Pretty much anything that targets a city can end up having their effect applied on the capital/SHQ instead. Even upgrading a city resulting in the capital being upgraded, even though they don't have the minimum population.

I suspect the reason is that if an effect can not be executed on the target because for instance in my example 800 workers - 8600 workers would result in a negative amount of workers, the game looks for another target, and this is usually the capital.

I'm not 100% sure this is the reason though, because I couldn't "force" the city upgrade bug. Sometimes upgrading works even though the population dropped below requirements, but the city still gets upgraded, and not the capital
Attachments
Wrongtarg..tyevent.jpg
Wrongtarg..tyevent.jpg (120.42 KiB) Viewed 221 times
zgrssd

RE: [1.09.00] Desaster Event hitting capital/SHQ instead of designated city

Post by zgrssd »

My instinct tell me there is a race condition. The City ID somehow became invalid, so the game defaults to the capitol as target.

Did you by chance add or remove a city since the events were generated?
Did you use the betas Zone merge feature?
Did you loose a city to a rebellion?
Did you conquer a city that turn?
Clandestine

Post by Clandestine »

Race condition? I'm afraid I'm not sure I understand.

1) No cities added or removed.

2) I did use the zone borders change feature but not in that turn and not for either of those cities for dozens of turns. Decisions are always the first thing I do in a new turn, so I'm very sure about this.

3) About 100 turns earlier I did lose a city to a rebellion yes.

4) No city conquered that turn.

I now got the situation where my capital got the metropolis upgrade instead of one of my major cities. As you can see in the screen, it became lvl VI, but with a populace of just 229200. It takes 325000 to do that.

The upgrade decision was naming the correct city, but it just executed the order on the capital/SHQ instead.
Attachments
CityUpgra..Populace.jpg
CityUpgra..Populace.jpg (79.81 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Clandestine

Post by Clandestine »

here is the city that was asking for the upgrade
Attachments
Citywhich..upgraded.jpg
Citywhich..upgraded.jpg (70 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Clandestine

Post by Clandestine »

My capital got upgraded again by mistake.
With a population of only 242'000 it has become a lvl VII metropolis, which if I'm not mistake should take 500'000 to do.

I also got abduction events targeting a random city but the effect was applied on the capital.

Attachments
Wrongcityupgrade.jpg
Wrongcityupgrade.jpg (73.46 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Clandestine

Post by Clandestine »

Not intended as spam, but I also got a decrease in workforce of -5000 but with no indication of what caused it when mouse over.
As far as I know the mouse over always shows how the change in civilian and workforce population is adding up.
Attachments
Mysterious..pearance.jpg
Mysterious..pearance.jpg (101.07 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

I recommend you upgrade to the latest open beta version as many fixes have already been made.

Not sure about that thing with effects being applied to wrong zone.

Could you send a save game to vic@vrdesigns.net ? Where I can remake that decision and see it being applied to wrong zone.

Would be very much appreciated.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: Vic

I recommend you upgrade to the latest open beta version as many fixes have already been made.

Just a small reminder:
Events are stored in the savegame. Using a old savegame (including someone elses planet generation save) can reintroduce some incredibly old bugs.
Clandestine

Post by Clandestine »

I'm playing on Epic Games speed so it is taking a while for me especially as this is my first "playthrough" and I am exploring late game stuff. Once finished, I will immediately install the latest patch.

I tried to replicate the bug by loading the auto save but the bug did not occur again. So I'm not sure the bug is saved within the auto save file itself. However, this bug happened to me 4 times now, so something is wrong. And if it hasn't been addressed in the patches, it may or may not have fixed itself.

I've sent you the auto save file. Thank you for taking a look at it.

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

ORIGINAL: Vic

Just a small reminder:
Events are stored in the savegame. Using a old savegame (including someone elses planet generation save) can reintroduce some incredibly old bugs.

Thank you for the reminder. I did not patch the game since creating the planet. The version number still shows v1.09. So essentially nothing has been changed since the planet creation.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

ORIGINAL: Clandestine

Not intended as spam, but I also got a decrease in workforce of -5000 but with no indication of what caused it when mouse over.
As far as I know the mouse over always shows how the change in civilian and workforce population is adding up.
Yeah, I've noticed this too, population & worker changes from decisions don't show up in these popups.
Clandestine

Post by Clandestine »

Actually they should, or at least they always do in my games. This is how you can see when decisions hit the wrong zone, that the event which is stated in the tooltip really is the culprit of the loss and not something else.

I don't recall the - 5'000 workers were an event. It was just subtracted and not mentioned in the tooltip when mouseover.
I have the savegame for that issue as well if needed.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Hmm, I might be misremembering ?
Will pay attention to it next time...

Return to “Tech Support”