[WAD] Event trigger-regular time 6 hours and over not working

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tiag

[WAD] Event trigger-regular time 6 hours and over not working

Post by tiag »

More one bug.

As the topic says:

All event triggers with regular time with 6, 12 and 24 hours are not firing. Regular times with 1 hour and below are working.

thewood1

RE: Event trigger-regular time 6 hours and over not working

Post by thewood1 »

Is this with the latest version?
tiag

Post by tiag »

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Can supply a sample scenario where it is failing again?
I can see the 6,12,24 hour triggers firing.
Michael
tiag

Post by tiag »

KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

I couldn't repo it either, both samples ran fine for me triggering at the 1 hour and 6hour intervals under build 1147.25 under eng-us local as expected. Additionally the units were removed, the time reset, and the units and group recreated as it appeared desired. What Windows local\culture setting do you play under?

Attached is a version of the 1hr with logging (and other minor enhancements), tiag not only should you see the mygroupX iteration every hour you should see the step by step process in the lua log on load and every hour, or should something error you should see a better idea of where\why.

attachment: Template Scenario 1Hour-logging.zip
Attachments
TemplateS..logging.zip
(11.91 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
tiag

Post by tiag »

Behavior observed is correct.
I cant make 6 hours (or longer) work here.

Running german windows pro 10 (21H1), german settings (decimal places, etc.). Do you think it is worth to try change these settings?
tiag

Post by tiag »

I had logging in my original version, which I removed because I thought I was doing something wrong (spend 3 hours yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong). The sleep() function was also for debugging.

As suggested:
1) Tried to change settings to US, english, reboot windows. Cant trigger 6 hours.
2) Reinstalled CMO, cant trigger 6 hours in your version of the scenario either. Lua output does not give any error in any version, your or mine. It simply does not fire (thus, no logging, no error) the trigger after 6 hours.
3) With one hour trigger, it (yours and mine) works as a charm (with same code etc).

Made an empty scenario, it suprisingly triggers 6 hours!!! (<-should have tried that first).
It is probably scenario related (interesting for you guys to investigate why). But cant understand why for 6 hours does not work and for one hour it does. Any further ideas/tests?
Should I make a video for you?
KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

Run mine (just change 1hr to 6 ..or use attached) on your system, bet it works.

In your specific 6hr copy, 'start time' is in 2022, and your current time (and reset time) is before that which is why it will not fire. In the editor set "scene start time" to 1-1-2021 00:00:00, leave your reset time untouched at "1-1-2021 00:00:01". Time Triggers will not fire before a scene's start-time.

Attachments
TemplateS..logging.zip
(11.89 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
tiag

Post by tiag »

Good evening:

1) Your version of the scenario did not run on my machine properly. The heading of the created ships were showing a very large value when the group was created....something like 7-8 digits. I guess it has to do with decimal points etc.

2) I run my scenario and corrected the start hour/day accordingly and the 6 hours trigger run as you have antecipated.

FYI: What got me confused was that the one hour trigger fires independently if the scenario started or not.

Anyway, problem solved. Thank you very much.

Return to “Tech Support”