custom graphics

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
lion_of_judah

custom graphics

Post by lion_of_judah »

if I make a flag and paste it into a copy of the flags png file, as well as a roundel, do I put this into the "custom graphics" folder in a folder with the scenario name on it or where. How do I get the scenario to show the new flag and roundel i just made for this...Thanks
Lobster

RE: custom graphics

Post by Lobster »

If you paste it into the generic graphics you should be able to leave it in the Graphics folder. But it will appear in all scenarios that use that flag. To make it appear in only the scenario that will use it you need to use the Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV/Graphics Override/<scenario name> folder.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

if I make a flag and paste it into a copy of the flags png file, as well as a roundel, do I put this into the "custom graphics" folder in a folder with the scenario name on it or where. How do I get the scenario to show the new flag and roundel i just made for this...Thanks

How do you make a roundel?
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

A roundel is a circular disc used as a symbol. The term is used in heraldry, but also commonly used to refer to a type of national insignia used on military aircraft, generally circular in shape and usually comprising concentric rings of different colors. Other symbols also often use round shapes.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

do i need to name the flag and roundel graphics the same as the scenario as well
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Mind you I've never played with the flag graphics. But I imagine it's no different than the counter icon graphics. The whole thing has to go in the Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV/Graphics Override/<scenario name> even if just one is changed. The program picks out the flag based on the one you pick so there's no way to do that without the complete flag.png or roundels.png graphic. And isn't there a separate one for each size, huge to small? If yes then all of them should be changed and put into the Graphics Override folder.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

If you want to use a Graphic for one scenario, put it in its' own Folder in a Scenario Specific Graphics Folder in the Graphics Override Folder.

If you want to use a Graphic for every scenario, put it in the Graphics Override Folder, as seen below.

I replaced the 'rondels' with normal square flags.

Attachments
jpeg163.jpg
jpeg163.jpg (140.76 KiB) Viewed 27 times
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

A roundel is a circular disc used as a symbol. The term is used in heraldry, but also commonly used to refer to a type of national insignia used on military aircraft, generally circular in shape and usually comprising concentric rings of different colors. Other symbols also often use round shapes.
I didn't ask what it was, but how to make one.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

thanks, I got it to finally work.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

I have no idea!
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

I have no idea!

Then what was this about in your first post:

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Here is h_FlagRoundels.png with one being used from the Operation Narva scenario overlaid by me so readers can see how they are used. There are several empty ones so you can make any design you want using your favorite graphics program.

Attachments
roundels.jpg
roundels.jpg (162.4 KiB) Viewed 27 times

Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Here is h_FlagRoundels.png with one being used from the Operation Narva scenario overlaid by me so readers can see how they are used. There are several empty ones so you can make any design you want using your favorite graphics program.

I kniow how they are used. I thought someone had successfully made one, based upon his post. That seems to have been in error.

Still waiting for someone who's figured it out and is willing to enlighten me.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

I kniow how they are used. I thought someone had successfully made one, based upon his post. That seems to have been in error.

Still waiting for someone who's figured it out and is willing to enlighten me.

Someone has drawn a new roundel . . . the swastika as I recall. Might take a bit of looking, but the thread should still be on the forum.
As for actually creating the roundel, my guess is that there is a graphics application that reformats a “normal” rectangular flag into a fish-eye roundel.
Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”