HQ questions

Moderator: Hubert Cater

DrZom

HQ questions

Post by DrZom »

Can a German HQ command units from minor allies? Can a minor ally's HQ command units of other minor's? Of a major ally?
Platoonist

RE: HQ questions

Post by Platoonist »

A German HQ can command Finnish/Hungarian/Rumanian units. Axis minor HQs can't assume command of German units.

Apparently American HQs can command Australian,(free)French, Mexican and various South American units. British HQs can assume command of pretty much anything in the Commonwealth. Canadian and Australian HQs cannot do the same for British units. Still, I'm not sure if I have sorted out all the various command arrangements. There seem to be a lot.
DrZom

Post by DrZom »

But what of a situation where a minor has no HQ of its own, no major ally HQ is within range, but allied minor HQs are?

I had been underappreciating the importance of HQ units, and now want to know everything about them.
The Land

Post by The Land »

ORIGINAL: DrZom

But what of a situation where a minor has no HQ of its own, no major ally HQ is within range, but allied minor HQs are?

I had been underappreciating the importance of HQ units, and now want to know everything about them.

If you have say Romanian units next to a Hungarian HQ, but no Romanian or German HQ nearby - then no luck. Romanian land units will benefit from the supply bonus from the Hungarian HQ (which is significant itself) - but not the HQ bonus.

And yes they are easy to underestimate!
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

I would say that HQ's are the most important units in the game. Proper attachment rigor is a must, as is learning the concept of supply chaining and the like.
DrZom

Post by DrZom »

ORIGINAL: The Land

If you have say Romanian units next to a Hungarian HQ, but no Romanian or German HQ nearby - then no luck. Romanian land units will benefit from the supply bonus from the Hungarian HQ (which is significant itself) - but not the HQ bonus.

OK, the supply bonus is not nothing and is the most obvious. But what do you mean about "not the HQ bonus"? Readiness and morale?
EarlyDoors

Post by EarlyDoors »

19-16 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-wes ... zonaws.com
The Land

Post by The Land »

ORIGINAL: The Land

OK, the supply bonus is not nothing and is the most obvious. But what do you mean about "not the HQ bonus"? Readiness and morale?

Yes, the HQ bonus to readiness.
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
DrZom

Post by DrZom »

Many thanks for all the feedback. [:)]

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”