High Water Mark score too high?

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: RedLancer, Joel Billings

rob89

High Water Mark score too high?

Post by rob89 »

To avoid a Axis Sudden loss you need to have at least 525 VPs by 1-1-42 and 575 VPs by 1-10-42.

It means, in the first case, to occupy the line Vjazma, Orel, Kursk, Dneprpetrovsk and Zaporozhe by 1-1-42 (or before), in order to go on playing...
And by 1-10-42 add at least two among Leningrad, Sebastopol and Stalingrad, or Moscow...

It's not so easy against a Soviet AI rated at 110 or 120 morale...

But if I want to go on in the great campaign, to see the second period of the war, I have to suicide with a German-like overstretching strategy...

I understand the need to incentive the Axis player in the offensive, but I would like to manage my strategy without an heavy mortgage... and go on in 1943 and 1944...

regards

xhoel

RE: High Water Mark score too high?

Post by xhoel »

The upcoming update has an additional no sudden death GC 41 so you can play without the constraints.
AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator
rob89

Post by rob89 »

ORIGINAL: xhoel

The upcoming update has an additional no sudden death GC 41 so you can play without the constraints.

so, it's better I stop now and wait for the new update [:D]
(or is the new version only for new GC41?)

is there a forecast on the release date?

thanks
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: rob89
ORIGINAL: xhoel

so, it's better I stop now and wait for the new update [:D]
(or is the new version only for new GC41?)

is there a forecast on the release date?

thanks

you'll need to play the game with that scenario its not a tool to modify existing scenarios.

don't forget you don't need to hold the HWM score at the dates, simply to have reached it at some stage before that date.
rob89

Post by rob89 »

ORIGINAL: loki100
don't forget you don't need to hold the HWM score at the dates, simply to have reached it at some stage before that date.

oohh, in fact, with AI set @ 110/120, it's very simple [:D]
GloriousRuse

Post by GloriousRuse »

I would say the HWM is too low - it was put in place before additional disintegration of routing soviets, but now could probably use a +25 to encourage a little more pushing.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”