bug

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
ericdauriac

bug

Post by ericdauriac »

Hello,

I am building an A3R type mod and on a test part I get an error message. What does this error message mean?

"FAILED(handle_unit_script_for_country_join): attached first_element as f"
Hubert Cater

RE: bug

Post by Hubert Cater »

This might be linked to the use of TYPE=2 in the UNIT events. If you change this to TYPE=1 or TYPE=0 and then recompile the events and resave the campaign, it should work from there with a freshly started game after that.
ericdauriac

Post by ericdauriac »

I deleted all type = 2 by type = 1. The problem persists.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Just to be sure, did you recompile the campaign scripts, resave the campaign and then start a fresh game after that?

I just ask as the fix won't take effect until you start a fresh game with the newly corrected campaign.
ericdauriac

Post by ericdauriac »

yes, I recompiled scripts, resave the campaign and made a new game.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Could you send me the saved turn where this error occurs? As well as the customized campaign with the recent corrections?

Please send to support@furysoftware.com

Thanks,
Hubert
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

If the files are too big for email, you can use something like WeTransfer to send the files. I would need the campaign subfolders as well.

https://wetransfer.com
ericdauriac

Post by ericdauriac »

Ok for wetransfert
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the files and when I checked the campaign in the Editor, it showed an '*' next to the UNIT event list. This tells me that it still needed to be recompiled and likely this is the source of your continued issue here.

If you open the campaign, navigate to Campaign->Edit Event Scripts and then select the UNIT event in the list and then press 'Update' this should recompile the corrected script for you.

Save the campaign after that and then start a fresh game with this newly updated campaign and the issue will hopefully go away after that.

One other thing I noticed is that if you attempt to play in 3D mode the editor and game will likely crash as 'unit_counter_sprites_flag.png' file is the wrong size, e.g. it is the same size as the 'zoom' version of the file. It should be 1300x282 pixels in size and not 700x162.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Return to “Tech Support”