Rocket SU's

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: RedLancer, Joel Billings

Speedysteve

Rocket SU's

Post by Speedysteve »

Hi All,

I've been tracking my Rocket SU's for weeks now and noticed an oddity. I can't get the darn things above 50% TOE when they're in SR or Stavka. Our of desperation I sent a few to Armies to see what happened and oddly 2 of them have started to get a few more rocket launchers and support dudes....seems odd to me. Others experienced this?

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (397.84 KiB) Viewed 63 times
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
mikael333

RE: Rocket SU's

Post by mikael333 »

Maybe you have to put them on refit?
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

Not sure if this is the problem, but the Guards Light Rocket units use the B-13-16, which has a pretty low production rate (32, IIRC). Heavy Rocket units use the M-30-something, which you get gobs of. For this reason, I much prefer the Heavy Rocket units. They also seem to use fewer trucks for each element, so you get more bang for your truck buck.

Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

ORIGINAL: mikael333

Maybe you have to put them on refit?

It's not that as tried that before and still the same end result
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Not sure if this is the problem, but the Guards Light Rocket units use the B-13-16, which has a pretty low production rate (32, IIRC). Heavy Rocket units use the M-30-something, which you get gobs of. For this reason, I much prefer the Heavy Rocket units. They also seem to use fewer trucks for each element, so you get more bang for your truck buck.

Yup I know production is low of them but it just seems a 'coincidence' they didn't go above 50% TOE in SR and Stavka
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

I have found that if you only put one into REFIT a turn it will max out after a turn or two and then you start on the next one.
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

They pop up as reinforcements, so if you don't put 1-3 units on refit, all the rocket elements get spread evenly to all units and they fill slowly. When refitting the selected units, set others to 50% ToE.
Top(W.)Model

Post by Top(W.)Model »

You should try carikay58 « focused refit » trick and, if it dosen't work, post about this in the tech forum as a possible bug. I had more or less the same problem with a breaktrought Artillery Division i raised inmy StB game : it never got past 55% TOE, even after being left on refit several turns in the SR. I found that strange since some of the missing guns were available in vast numbers and units using them were getting maxed out (i.e. 76mm light arillery and 120mm mortars).
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

It just occurred to me that you should check the TOE settings for the units. Some Soviet artillery units come into the game set at 50% TOE by design.
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Hmm ok thanks guys. It's not that they're on low ToeM. You'll see from the above screenshot they're all on 100 ToeM. I'll try turning off all refit except 1 in SR and see what happens. If it doesn't increase TOE next turn then something maybe fishy.
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Just to report back guys.....2 further comments. Definitely just putting 1 of the Light Rocket SU's on Refit in SR did the business for it......another oddity which I highlighted above is even if all left on 'Ready' if you place them in an active Army HQ they seem to get replacements quicker than in the SR...odd.....I'm only in Jan 42 and I assume you can't build more of the Rocket SU's? I see a bunch more Light Bn's coming in and Hvy Bde's when you get to the fun times of late 42 onwards?
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Is there a difference in supply priorities for the Armies versus Stavka?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Ah. It varies. Shaposhnikov has 2 bottles of vodka per day. The Army HQ's in question have between 2-4 vodka bottles per day........
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

But in addition wouldn't those in SR get priority anyway over those in Army HQ's regardless of Supply Priority?
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Right, I didn't notice the 2 in the reserve.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

ORIGINAL: Speedysteve

But in addition wouldn't those in SR get priority anyway over those in Army HQ's regardless of Supply Priority?

Not if it just sits there in Ready. Carlkay nailed it. Put one on refit at a time in the SR. When it hits 100% set to ready and ship it out. Rinse and repeat. As they get depleted on map, send them to the SR and start again. Works just about every time.
56ajax

Post by 56ajax »

Well each regiment takes a weeks supply for 100% TOE and production starts about week 8, and I think you need 100 (4 turns worth) in the pool before the system starts to hand them out (WitE Dream Time for me)...have you lost many in battle?
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

6[;)]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”