Is there any way to disable sudden win rules against AI?

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Schwarzen3

Is there any way to disable sudden win rules against AI?

Post by Schwarzen3 »

In my game vs AI, I got too much VPs and won sudden victory. I don't want to quite game and prefer to continue advancing to Berlin. Can I somehow prevent myself from wining?

PS As far as I understand there is no way to disable sudden victory rules, I have found an option with using scen editor for savegame, but I fear something (like AI scripts) may become broken in the process.

Bamilus

RE: Is there any way to disable sudden win rules against AI?

Post by Bamilus »

They're working on a sandbox mode that will disable all the sudden death/sudden victory. No idea when it will be released, however.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
DrewBlack

Post by DrewBlack »

Hi

Maybe try upping the level of the Ai I found that helps to stop sudden death wins[X(]. Or maybe you are already beating the Ai on 120% or more in which case I would be looking for Human opponents imho.
Thanks
Drew
WitE2 - Alpha Tester/Beta Tester
Wite: 1.10 Beta Tester
Wite: Lost Battles Beta Tester
WitW - Beta Tester
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

If you are playing the Soviets then the Axis should be at least 110 for any type of a challenge (other than base learning). Once you can beat the 110 level, try the 120 level. And if that one is too easy go up to 125. If you can win easily at that level then my hat is off to you.
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

If you are playing the Soviets then the Axis should be at least 110 for any type of a challenge (other than base learning). Once you can beat the 110 level, try the 120 level. And if that one is too easy go up to 125. If you can win easily at that level then my hat is off to you.

I've been playing against the German AI at 120. It's manageable, but the air war seems to become a complete no-go zone...

I'm thinking to edit a different AI campaign scenario for different difficulties by slightly lowering the air morale of the AI side when difficulty is higher. That should make air operations less of a complete suicide missions that they mostly seem to be at 120 if I face any AI fighters, even with experienced VVS modern fighters.
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

Yes the Axis AI is a real pain at 120.
Karri

Post by Karri »

You cna change the settings easily via editor.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”