Any way to evacuate a beach?

WarPlan Pacific is an operational level wargame which covers all the nations at war in the Pacific theatre from December 1941 to 1945 on a massive game scale.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

willgamer

Any way to evacuate a beach?

Post by willgamer »

Say you invade a beach, but the unit is too badly injured to continue. Is there any way to evacuate the unit?
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
gwgardner

RE: Any way to evacuate a beach?

Post by gwgardner »

No.

You either capture a port, provide beachhead supply, air supply, or let the unit wither and die.

amhendrick

Post by amhendrick »

I learned this the hard way, as well as a related issue. I had a Chinese Army attacking from Zhanjiang towards Haikou. Two Indian corps launched a supporting amphibious invasion from Vietnam. I successfully defeated the Japanese unit, and the Chinese army moved in to take the port. Only other allied units are apparently not allowed in Chinese territory, so my Indian corps can't use the port to move out and are slowly dying.
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

ORIGINAL: amhendrick

I learned this the hard way, as well as a related issue. I had a Chinese Army attacking from Zhanjiang towards Haikou. Two Indian corps launched a supporting amphibious invasion from Vietnam. I successfully defeated the Japanese unit, and the Chinese army moved in to take the port. Only other allied units are apparently not allowed in Chinese territory, so my Indian corps can't use the port to move out and are slowly dying.

This could use some improvement... perhaps the UN could intervene...[:D]
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

Return to “Warplan Pacific”