Sub Groups raiding

WarPlan Pacific is an operational level wargame which covers all the nations at war in the Pacific theatre from December 1941 to 1945 on a massive game scale.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

Rasputitsa

Sub Groups raiding

Post by Rasputitsa »

Just lost a Sup Group in the South China Sea, I think because I forget to set 'raider' mode and it got into a naval battle with one of the many IJN surface fleets moving in that area. Once the unit has started to move, you cannot re-set the mode (Manual), so can the subs have a 'raider' default.

You may have taken several turns getting a sub into position and it's a long way back to port to change an incorrect mode. [8|]

Liking the game a lot, it falls into a sweet spot of not too simple, but not overwhelming.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
stjeand

RE: Sub Groups raiding

Post by stjeand »

You don't have to go back to port to change mode...just change mode before you make your first move.

I messed up the Japanese CV fleet...Americans made an early attack on one of my DD...

My CV fleet was raiding close by. I moved to intercept and could not attack...Luckily the intercepts by the Americans went poorly and the Lady Lex went down.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: stjeand

You don't have to go back to port to change mode...just change mode before you make your first move.

I messed up the Japanese CV fleet...Americans made an early attack on one of my DD...

My CV fleet was raiding close by. I moved to intercept and could not attack...Luckily the intercepts by the Americans went poorly and the Lady Lex went down.

Thanks, trying that out, I had interpreted the manual - A fleet may not change modes once it moves - as after leaving port to start the mission, but see that each turn you have a chance to change mode, provided that you do it first.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

You can also undo the move.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2