Mass depot priority, or Priority map

Please posts your wishlists, new feature and interface tweak requests here for the developers to review.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Parkkicks

Mass depot priority, or Priority map

Post by Parkkicks »

There should be an ability to SET selected/filtered depot locations priority to 0-4 from the Commanders Report screen. Each priority option should also have a secondary option to be a resource/materials transfer station,(to move new supplies to/from repaired industry to efficient factories) and now a third option rear collection (for "catching supplies") or an overflow cicuit. (requires two or more connected depots, plus an intermediary divider, when there are more than one over.) Overflow collectors utilize rail capacity, but also have the perk of keeping supply mobile just at retreat range, and are the primary use of secondary single line rails. This can all be done by arranging depots and priorities and doing turns. But we really need-

A. SET ALL to 0,1,2,3,4. I think this would be a useful feature. It can be used to re-design the logistics network by setting to 0, and by setting to 1, can stockpile, 2 would stockpile more, 3 would send forward, and 4 would send forward more.

Then setting Individual depots with sufficient stock to 0, and priority receiving locations to 4, should pump, send, and receive freight accurately, and efficiently without wasting freight capacity when front line depots do not outweigh rear depots. As it is, we can't do this without a CR filter selector setting.

Jumping in to the December 42 campaign, freight seems to prefer longer transit times from large supplies, rather than shorter transits from say PSKOV, and this can't be changed without re-arranging a lot of depot priorities. Where is the function?

I could be missing something, but a depot minimap with arrangement templates and Shift-click, select priority capability would be something of a high priority in my mind...
loki100

RE: Set filtered depot priority in CR

Post by loki100 »

do you mean this?

Attachments
20210424_225753.jpg
20210424_225753.jpg (269.82 KiB) Viewed 143 times
Mehring

Post by Mehring »

Is there any benefit to disbanding depots as your advance leaves them behind, or is that just throwing away AP in the event of a future retreat?
“Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man.”
-Leon Trotsky
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

It depends. Some do some don't. I tend to be a don't person. I find that you can use the depot priority to send 'pulses' of freight to the front - the depot will be able to transfer from closer lower level depots and save time and effort. I also tend to march reinforcements up from my last large railyard to the front and have air units based far to the rear that need supplies so the depots are useful for all of that.
Mehring

Post by Mehring »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

It depends. Some do some don't. I tend to be a don't person. I find that you can use the depot priority to send 'pulses' of freight to the front - the depot will be able to transfer from closer lower level depots and save time and effort. I also tend to march reinforcements up from my last large railyard to the front and have air units based far to the rear that need supplies so the depots are useful for all of that.
By "pulses," do you mean simultaneously reducing the priority level of numerous rear depots thus allowing their freight to be shipped forward when needed, or just shifting freight forward by stages?

I'm just getting to grips with logistics which is an intriguing game in itself. I'm finding that where, as Axis, I repair double track that seldom if ever gets congested and forward depots receive a fraction of even their damaged rail yard capacity. I put that down perhaps to insufficient rolling stock from damaged yards but was wondering whether rear area depots even on "no supply" tie up invisible resources.

Trucks don't seem to hang around rear area depots but I did find an approx 20% shortfall in divisional trucks at one point and am trying to isolate the cause. It could be that unit supply priority was generally too high which stretched organic divisional trucks as distances to depots grew. It seems that high supply priority is best used for units refitting or preparing for, rather than participating in, mobile actions. This is counter intuitive but kind of works when you get your head round it.
-Leon Trotsky
Parkkicks

Post by Parkkicks »

Right, I want to set them all to 0, so I Can prioritize and manage them individually.
Parkkicks

Post by Parkkicks »

I found my problem. There are cities and towns with depot priority, but no depot. Not as many depots to switch to zero as I thought. But still 140 or so.

Thanks
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Mehring

By "pulses," do you mean simultaneously reducing the priority level of numerous rear depots thus allowing their freight to be shipped forward when needed, or just shifting freight forward by stages?

I'm just getting to grips with logistics which is an intriguing game in itself. I'm finding that where, as Axis, I repair double track that seldom if ever gets congested and forward depots receive a fraction of even their damaged rail yard capacity. I put that down perhaps to insufficient rolling stock from damaged yards but was wondering whether rear area depots even on "no supply" tie up invisible resources.

Trucks don't seem to hang around rear area depots but I did find an approx 20% shortfall in divisional trucks at one point and am trying to isolate the cause. It could be that unit supply priority was generally too high which stretched organic divisional trucks as distances to depots grew. It seems that high supply priority is best used for units refitting or preparing for, rather than participating in, mobile actions. This is counter intuitive but kind of works when you get your head round it.

have a look at this thread - https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4993098

easier if you post logistics style questions there
Mehring

Post by Mehring »

ORIGINAL: loki100

ORIGINAL: Mehring

have a look at this thread - https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4993098

easier if you post logistics style questions there
Thanks, useful thread.
-Leon Trotsky

Return to “Feature Suggestions”