Generic data TOE Errors

This is meant for reports dealing with issues only on the scenario/unit data and map data.

Moderators: RedLancer, Joel Billings

antwniago

Generic data TOE Errors

Post by antwniago »

Whilst editing the Finnish forces I noticed that eight of the units have the wrong TOEs in the generic data:

10th/11th/14th/15th Fin Art Bns are set to TOE 325 which is the German static div 41
1st/2nd/3rd/4th Fin Heavy AA Bns are set to TOE 326 which is the German static Div 43

There are also a number for German Infantry, Light, Mountain Cavalry, SS Mot Divs that are set to TOEs that are empty in all cases the correct TOE appears to be 1-5 rows further up.
MechFO

RE: Generic data TOE Errors

Post by MechFO »

Those units are ok in my game and in a fresh 41 campaign.

Are you talking about a specific scenario or did you maybe mess around with the TOE's? If you delete a TOE entry all follow on entries shift up. Really not recommended to delete anything there.
antwniago

Post by antwniago »

I am not aware of deleting anything, The only amendment I made in the generic data was to point the 8 Finnish units to the correct TOE. I thought as you have said if anything were deleted it would impact all after that but it only seems some units are in correct but only in generic units not in the scenario.

Just in case I did delete something I have created a new clean install of the game and opened the generic data from that and as per the screenshot below the Finnish 10th 11th 14th and 15th Art Bn show as static divisions as I found before the first time and I have only opened the data nothing else. (it is the same foe AA and the German divisions.)

The 41 campaign scenario shows perfectly fine.

Attachments
FinArtBN.jpg
FinArtBN.jpg (408.95 KiB) Viewed 6 times
MechFO

Post by MechFO »

EDIT: I see the generic unit data has a totally different setup to the scenario unit data.

I also see this in generic, but the scenarios are different and load correctly.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

units and air unit in generic data are irrelevant as they are not used in scenarios with this setup.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
antwniago

Post by antwniago »

Cheers for confirmation of that. It was only the eight Finnish units I had a problem with as initially they couldn't be found due the incorrect TOE. I was duplicating the Finnish units orbat and locations onto the map from the generic data (seemed the quickest way to get the information) for a test scenario.
Great_Ajax

Post by Great_Ajax »

Yeah, the generic unit list isn't used for anything and hasn't be updated in years. I build all of my campaigns and scenarios starting with 1941 Campaign data.

Trey

ORIGINAL: antwniago

Cheers for confirmation of that. It was only the eight Finnish units I had a problem with as initially they couldn't be found due the incorrect TOE. I was duplicating the Finnish units orbat and locations onto the map from the generic data (seemed the quickest way to get the information) for a test scenario.
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

Return to “Scenario Data / Map Issues”