We know GA directives occur in order but...

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Campaign Series Matrix Edition Development Group

Rondor11

We know GA directives occur in order but...

Post by Rondor11 »

Is this in order by Luftflotte or by the entire LW.

For example, is it best to make all T1 GA's against all Russian fighter bases for every LF and then go back and make the GA's for the bomber bases after?

Chris B

Tribute to DD485, the USS Duncan. Sunk at Cape Esperance October 11, 1942 with my 15 year old father aboard. 48 died from wounds and sharks.
Bamilus

RE: We know GA directives occur in order but...

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: Rondor11

For example, is it best to make all T1 GA's against all Russian fighter bases for every LF and then go back and make the GA's for the bomber bases after?

I believe it first checks what the priority of the mission is (very high runs first, and so forth) and then if you have multiple in that same priority (let's say 3 very high missions) it runs the one that was created first, then the second, etc. I think it's by entire LW, but not positive.

What I would do is just make all the GA's against fighter airbases set to very high and then run all the bomber ones set to high. That way you know all your anti-fighter GA's will run first, completely, and then your bombers. The order of the missions is less relevant or completely irrelevant in that way and it's easier to set-up and manage. Only exception would be you typically want to run front to back, first, so maybe create the GA missions for close fighter bases first.

Or, you can do close fighter bases first set to very high, secondary/further back fighter bases set to high, bomber set to medium. Multiple ways to skin the cat.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
loki100

Post by loki100 »

its by air command - so in effect Luftflotte for the Axis.

As Bamilus says you can use the priority setting to create a different run order to simply first to last (which is what it defautls to)
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: loki100

its by air command - so in effect Luftflotte for the Axis.

As Bamilus says you can use the priority setting to create a different run order to simply first to last (which is what it defautls to)

Thanks clarifying the order. TIL!
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Rondor11

Post by Rondor11 »

Thanks, guys!
Chris B

Tribute to DD485, the USS Duncan. Sunk at Cape Esperance October 11, 1942 with my 15 year old father aboard. 48 died from wounds and sharks.

Return to “The War Room”