Spies get dirt on leader options

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

deMangler

Spies get dirt on leader options

Post by deMangler »

That thing where your spies find dirt on an enemy leader, and you have a choice which faction to give it to.
Just a couple of questions.
If I don't chose and end the turn, does my secretary chose for me, or is it ignored?
Is there a way to find out anything about the factions in another regime so I can make an informed choice?
Thanks.
zgrssd

RE: Spies get dirt on leader options

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: deMangler

That thing where your spies find dirt on an enemy leader, and you have a choice which faction to give it to.
If I don't chose and end the turn, does my secretary chose for me, or is it ignored?
Is there a way to find out anything about the factions in another regime so I can make an informed choice?
Thanks.
Just click on their Terrain, Tab with the Empire Name, same place you see your Factions.

You need to look up the positions of the 3 Faction Types/Regime type in the Manual.
The factions range from "might make a Victory pact with you" to "burn the heretic".
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
deMangler

RE: Spies get dirt on leader options

Post by deMangler »

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

ORIGINAL: deMangler

Thanks.
Just click on their Terrain, Tab with the Empire Name, same place you see your Factions.

You need to look up the positions of the 3 Faction Types/Regime type in the Manual.
The factions range from "might make a Victory pact with you" to "burn the heretic".

Aha! gotcha, thanks :)
Jazlizard

Re: Spies get dirt on leader options

Post by Jazlizard »

Sorry for the thread necro, but I was curious if there is a good strategy on who to give this intel to within the other regime?
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

Jazlizard wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:39 am Sorry for the thread necro, but I was curious if there is a good strategy on who to give this intel to within the other regime?
Usually, the most "peacefull" and "able to do diplomacy" party option that exists. You want them in power, so they are not a danger to you.

Unless you want them to misdeploy their army, of course. Then you push the agressive ones.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Jazlizard wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:39 am Sorry for the thread necro, but I was curious if there is a good strategy on who to give this intel to within the other regime?
In multiplayer games, for example, I will check what factions my opponents are leaning towards.
Depending on my relationships with them, I will either attempt to assist the ones they prefer or attempt to aid the ones they don't.
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

deMangler wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:05 am If I don't chose and end the turn, does my secretary chose for me, or is it ignored?
Yes, your Director of Foreign Affairs will make the decision.
To see what (s)he has done, check your decision archive and hover over the decision for a popup.

The 'TYPE' column indicates (del) meaning the decision was delegated.

-Mark R.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (160.92 KiB) Viewed 151 times
deMangler

Post by deMangler »

mroyer wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:48 pm
deMangler wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:05 am If I don't chose and end the turn, does my secretary chose for me, or is it ignored?
Yes, your Director of Foreign Affairs will make the decision.
To see what (s)he has done, check your decision archive and hover over the decision for a popup.

The 'TYPE' column indicates (del) meaning the decision was delegated.

-Mark R.
Thanks. :)

Return to “Shadow Empire”