Defensive ECM

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Skydancer

Defensive ECM

Post by Skydancer »

I was recently doing one of the CMO Quick Battles, a 2v2 air-to-air encounter. My load out contained a AN/ANL-184 DECM pod. I’m a bit confused as to how I would launch/activate this item. I don’t see it as a sensor, and I don’t see how I could fire it as a weapon. I understand Init deployed IRL as a towed asset.

Any help certainly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
thewood1

RE: Defensive ECM

Post by thewood1 »

I think any DECM's effect is abstracted as a factor influencing the weapon end game. If you turn on weapon end game messages, you'll see how its accounted for.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

The explanation of the DECM and weapon end game is mentioned fairly frequently in the manual. From pg. 243...

"DECM functions very simply. When a weapon with an
appropriate seeker type closes on a unit with the DECM
equipped, it functions as part of the weapon endgame calc.
Whether the DECM can spoof the oncoming weapon depends
on both random chance and the generations of both the DECM
device and the seeker attacking weapon. An old DECM jammer
will not have a good chance of stopping a weapon with a modern
seeker and vice versa."
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Hmmm...as related to this.

Do 2 different DECM systems both work or is game using only one? I think in CMANO (at least in earlier iteration) only one seemed to have effect.

Thinking of situation where plane has internal DECM like ASPJ (AN/ALQ-165) but also carrying pod like Skyguard.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I have never checked the weapon end game calcs or the logs on it. It might say in there.
Rain08

Post by Rain08 »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Hmmm...as related to this.

Do 2 different DECM systems both work or is game using only one? I think in CMANO (at least in earlier iteration) only one seemed to have effect.

Thinking of situation where plane has internal DECM like ASPJ (AN/ALQ-165) but also carrying pod like Skyguard.

Multiple DECMs (of any type) will be taken into account during the weapon endgame calculation. This is usually more noticeable on ships (and on other deployable softkill countermeasures on said unit type).

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”