B5N Kate no production at start

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

sven6345789

B5N Kate no production at start

Post by sven6345789 »

Hi, have started a japanese campaign after a long time.

Wasn't there a dormant B5N Factory somewhere you can expand to get the production going again?
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Q-Ball

RE: B5N Kate no production at start

Post by Q-Ball »

No, but there are plenty of other factories you can convert to start production.....Nate, Ida factories come to mind, you don't need to produce any of those planes

Some players will also produce the B5N1 in order to use-up an existing pool of older engines; the B5N2 uses the Ha-35 IIRC, which you also need for A6M2, Ki-43, and other models, so there is alot of demand for it. B5N1 has very little performance difference vs. N2, really only SR rating which won't matter much on carriers

I don't have game open, so going off memory on the engines, someone correct me if I'm wrong....
sven6345789

Post by sven6345789 »

thanks for the advice. I found it. It is in Hiroshima/Kure.

But i will take your advice into account
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

But i will take your advice into account

It is sound advice.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Dutch_slith

Post by Dutch_slith »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Some players will also produce the B5N1 in order to use-up an existing pool of older engines; the B5N2 uses the Ha-35 IIRC, which you also need for A6M2, Ki-43, and other models, so there is alot of demand for it. B5N1 has very little performance difference vs. N2, really only SR rating which won't matter much on carriers

Production of B5N1 only makes sense with PDU On. With PDU Off you should produce B5N2 immediately.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Dutch_slith

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Production of B5N1 only makes sense with PDU On. With PDU Off you should produce B5N2 immediately.

Curious why this is? Would think it would be the opposite?
Dutch_slith

Post by Dutch_slith »

Only a few Air Groups use the B5N1, then switch to the B5N2. All others start with B5N2.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Only a few Air Groups use the B5N1, then switch to the B5N2. All others start with B5N2.

Yes which is why I keep producing the B5N1 whether PDU is on or off? At least until I have enough B5N2's for all group replacements...
Dutch_slith

Post by Dutch_slith »

Then you're producing B5N1 (which you cannot assign) instead of a B5N2 (which is in need)? Every Air Group which uses the B5N1 will upgrade to B5N2.

With the same logic you're producing Ki-43-Ia and Ib instead of Ki-43-Ic?

With PDU on you can downgrade Air Groups from B5N2 to B5N1. Then you can assign the B5N1 (expending PP and saving an important engine). But with PDU off you're just filling the pool with B5N1 which you will never use.

At least that is how I see it.

Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Then you're producing B5N1 (which you cannot assign) instead of a B5N2 (which is in need)? Every Air Group which uses the B5N1 will upgrade to B5N2.

With the same logic you're producing Ki-43-Ia and Ib instead of Ki-43-Ic?

With PDU on you can downgrade Air Groups from B5N2 to B5N1. Then you can assign the B5N1 (expending PP and saving an important engine). But with PDU off you're just filling the pool with B5N1 which you will never use.

At least that is how I see it.

I'm producing both. I found that if I am only producing B5N2 I run out of them and have no replacements for the B5N1 groups. Especially if I need them quickly for action. Until I have the downtime and have enough to upgrade all squadrons anyway...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”