Depots: Storage Capacity vs. Turnover Capacity

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

mikael333

Depots: Storage Capacity vs. Turnover Capacity

Post by mikael333 »

If I understand correctly, the black bar is the storage capacity of a depot. This is what can be increased by placing a headquarter unit and/or a rail repair units on the hex.
While a high storage capacity should be good as a buffer e.g. before an offensive, I guess, what matters more is the turnover capacity (how much freight can be received and sent out each turn.) Would you agree?
Can I increase this only by having a railyard of a bigger size on that depot hex? How would I view this capacity easily, i.e. why is there no coloured bar for it?
loki100

RE: Depots: Storage Capacity vs. Turnover Capacity

Post by loki100 »

you're missing a key point.

depot capacity is the black bar, that capacity can be used for all of receive/store and send out. So it caps each of those operations individually.

so it is 'turnove' capacity.

the other bars show you how much as was actually received/stored/sent out
mikael333

RE: Depots: Storage Capacity vs. Turnover Capacity

Post by mikael333 »

I see, thanks. That is indeed an important point. I was confused, because e.g. chapter 4.10.5 of the manual is literally called depot storage capacity.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”