WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Tanaka

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: floydg

For some reason, the program can't find the files. Are they in the ART folder?

Yes they are. Combat Reporter finds them there fine.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

For some reason, the program can't find the files. Are they in the ART folder?

Figured it out. You were right. I had left out the non hex images to get the map mod to work. Reinstalled and fixed. Thanks!
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Well it was working now I've got this issue...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.MapPanel$Map.<init>(MapPanel.java:440)
at witptracker.MapPanel.<init>(MapPanel.java:229)
at witptracker.GUIMain.CreateAndShowGUI(GUIMain.java:920)
at witptracker.GUIMain$5.run(GUIMain.java:1042)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Well it was working now I've got this issue...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.MapPanel$Map.<init>(MapPanel.java:440)
at witptracker.MapPanel.<init>(MapPanel.java:229)
at witptracker.GUIMain.CreateAndShowGUI(GUIMain.java:920)
at witptracker.GUIMain$5.run(GUIMain.java:1042)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

This fixed it!

ORIGINAL: Nomad

For those out of memory errors:

For whatever reason it seems that Windows gets its memory allocation screwed up. Try closing everything and restarting your computer.

If that doesn't fix it, then try shutting down your computer completely, pulling the power cable and pressing the start button for about 10 seconds.
Restart and try again. Like I said, I don't know what happens but these have always fixed the problem for me. I have something like 450 turns loaded.

As a last resort, try and find what is running in the background that might be a problem. At least one person found dropbox was running in the background
and messing up the memory manager.

Also I have found the following memory settings work the best: ( do not copy and paste )

"c:\32 bit java\installation\bin\java.exe" -Xms768m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause

For those who want to know why:
1. The -Xms768m sets the initial memory allocation to 768MB
2. The -Xmx768m set the maximum memory allocation to 768MB

I think that by setting them both to 768MB that Java allocates enough memory for the entire operation at the start and there should be less memory manager allocation problems.
Xms768m -Xmx768m
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

For whatever reason it seems that Windows gets its memory allocation screwed up. Try closing everything and restarting your computer.

If that doesn't fix it, then try shutting down your computer completely, pulling the power cable and pressing the start button for about 10 seconds.
Restart and try again. Like I said, I don't know what happens but these have always fixed the problem for me. I have something like 450 turns loaded.

As a last resort, try and find what is running in the background that might be a problem. At least one person found dropbox was running in the background

Also I have found the following memory settings work the best: ( do not copy and paste )

"c:\32 bit java\installation\bin\java.exe" -Xms768m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause

I think that by setting them both to 768MB that Java allocates enough memory for the entire operation at the start and there should be less memory manager allocation problems.
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

I can't get Tracker to work. I get the following message:

Can't load IA 32 bit .dll on a AMD 64 bit platform

I'm running Windows 10 on an Intel based 64 bit system.

I followed the instructions and installed C++ vcredist_x86 exe and it still won't work.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
floydg

Post by floydg »

What Java JRE do you have installed? 32-bit or 64-bit? The program needs 32-bit.
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

I had 64 bit installed. It's working fine now. The older I get the dumber I become. Thanks Floyd.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
BaitBoy

Post by BaitBoy »

pause

I have changed the memory as recomended above but I still have to fight with it to get it to work. Will it work with a larger memory allocation? Is there a max size to the memory that can be allocated?
"You go over there and attract their attention while I . . . "

Member Henchmen and Sidekicks Local 272
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

You can go a bit larger, but the program doesn't need it. If you are still having problems then something on you machine is interfering with the memory allocation.
BaitBoy

Post by BaitBoy »

You can go a bit larger, but the program doesn't need it. If you are still having problems then something on you machine is interfering with the memory allocation.
Do you know of any way to tell which program is interfering?
"You go over there and attract their attention while I . . . "

Member Henchmen and Sidekicks Local 272
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I don't know. You would have to look what programs you have running in the background. Try turning one of them off and see what happens.
You would probably have to use Task Manager to see what is running in the background.
pavel01

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.10 Available!

Post by pavel01 »

I am Running Windows 8.1 and Java Version 8 Update 281 (build 1.8.0_281-b09)

I downloaded and installed the WitP TRACKER, followed the instructions here https://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/installation with the exception of Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 update because when I went to the suggested site here http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F% ... l0BKKKoe7g there was this Warning :
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package.

Furthermore, even disregarding that Warning, and clicking the red Download button, I was redirected to this Page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=14431 proposing me 3 Files to choose from :

- vcredist_x86.exe 2.6 MB
- vcredist_IA64.exe 6.3 MB
- vcredist_x64.exe 3.1 MB

Also, at the Download page, below the Red Download button, in the Section there named "System Requirements" --> "Supported Operating System" it mentions "Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP". I have none of those as I am using Windows 8.1 .

So, because of that Warning and also because I had no clue which was the proper file to download, as well as Windows 8.1 is not among the Supported Operating Systems named there, I skipped this part, in the hope that, my Windows 8.1 already included whatever WitP TRACKER needed to run about Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 Service Pack Redistributable Package....

I went back to the WitP TRACKER Folder and launched the executable file.

It does what you can see in the Picture here embedd like it is running, then it pauses asking me to press any key, which I do..... but nothing happens..... WitP TRACKER does not come up....

I also deleted all of the "trackerdb" files and used the "witptracker.jar" file, but it just recreates them, that black window which the batch file creates does not come up and still, nothing happens.... the WitP TRACKER Utility does not load....

Anyone has any idea of what the problem here might be and how I can possibly fix it to get WitP TRACKER to run ?

Thank you for the help.

Attachments
WitPTracke..Message.jpg
WitPTracke..Message.jpg (91.64 KiB) Viewed 336 times
floydg

Post by floydg »

Nothing on your end. There is something the program doesn't like with your operations.txt file. Can you send it to me (witptracker@gmail.com)?
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Nothing on your end. There is something the program doesn't like with your operations.txt file. Can you send it to me (witptracker@gmail.com)?
Hi Floyd - have been having a PM discussion with Pavel and I thought there might be a save issue due to the string out of bounds exception. Just didn't read further to see it was the Operations file . my bad.. been too long since I've looked at this stuff.

Anyway, fair winds. Talk to you again soon.
pavel01

Post by pavel01 »

Where would this "operations.txt" file be ?

I am checking out the WitPTracker AE Release 1.10 Folder and cannot seen any File so named in there, and also the War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition Folder has no such named File there either.

In the "SAVE" sub-folder I can see the following Files :

aoperationsreport.txt
aoperationsreport_411207.txt
aoperationsreport_411208.txt

joperationsreport.txt
joperationsreport_411207.txt
joperationsreport_411208.txt

Where would I be supposed to find this "operations.txt" file ?

Thanks again SO much for the kind help !!

floydg

Post by floydg »

Are you playing Allies (a) or Japan (j)?
Send me the latest one.
pavel01

Post by pavel01 »

Are you playing Allies (a) or Japan (j)?
Send me the latest one.

I am playing as Japan (Computer is Allies).

I sent you, therefore, the joperationsreport.txt .

Thank you so much for the kind help !
JammyO

Post by JammyO »

Hello everyone,

I have WitP TRACKER up and running. I'm playing the Japanese in the Guadalcanal Scenario (scenario 04). Everything is working like a charm except TRACKER is substituting Allied ship bitmaps for all of my Japanese ships. Or at least that's what I think may be happening (I'm new to both WitP-AE & Tracker).

I tried to upload a screenshot to highlight the issue, but I still don't have that privilege (if I understand the automated forum notice I received). Anyway, if you can "picture it" [8D], the screenshot would have shown information about the class of one of my submarines (I-171). All of the data is correct (I think), but the image (or bitmap) is not.

From looking thru the WitP-AE files, I think the correct bitmap (a submarine in profile) is labelled "JnSide0135.bmp" within the "JapShip_Back" folder within the "ART" folder. However, the bitmap in the screenshot (a small ship) appears to be "AnSide0135.bmp", which is found within the "AlliedShip_Back" folder.

I have searched the forum but wasn't able to find anything relating to this issue. I'd greatly appreciate any comments or advice.

Cheers!

floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: JammyO

Hello everyone,

I have WitP TRACKER up and running. I'm playing the Japanese in the Guadalcanal Scenario (scenario 04). Everything is working like a charm except TRACKER is substituting Allied ship bitmaps for all of my Japanese ships. Or at least that's what I think may be happening (I'm new to both WitP-AE & Tracker).

I tried to upload a screenshot to highlight the issue, but I still don't have that privilege (if I understand the automated forum notice I received). Anyway, if you can "picture it" [8D], the screenshot would have shown information about the class of one of my submarines (I-171). All of the data is correct (I think), but the image (or bitmap) is not.

From looking thru the WitP-AE files, I think the correct bitmap (a submarine in profile) is labelled "JnSide0135.bmp" within the "JapShip_Back" folder within the "ART" folder. However, the bitmap in the screenshot (a small ship) appears to be "AnSide0135.bmp", which is found within the "AlliedShip_Back" folder.

I have searched the forum but wasn't able to find anything relating to this issue. I'd greatly appreciate any comments or advice.

Cheers!

It's a problem with the program, I believe. I have fixed something related to it, but haven't released it. I'll try to get that out soon.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”