Motorizing Infantry Units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Campaign Series Matrix Edition Development Group

Rondor11

Motorizing Infantry Units

Post by Rondor11 »

Has anyone motorized the infantry units behind the front lines to push them ahead on T1?

I havent seen it mentioned. How much of a hit does overall supply take? Perhaps it's for use in situations where it will benefit a bigger encirclement...

Chris B

Tribute to DD485, the USS Duncan. Sunk at Cape Esperance October 11, 1942 with my 15 year old father aboard. 48 died from wounds and sharks.
loki100

RE: Motorizing Infantry Units

Post by loki100 »

it can catch an unwary Soviet player out, but be careful. its not so much the supply load as an infantry division will pull in 1000+ trucks and the AP cost - both of which you need elsewhere.
Rondor11

Post by Rondor11 »

Thanks, Loki. Just thought it was worth a mention because I had not seen it before.

Thanks again!
Chris B

Tribute to DD485, the USS Duncan. Sunk at Cape Esperance October 11, 1942 with my 15 year old father aboard. 48 died from wounds and sharks.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Rondor11

Thanks, Loki. Just thought it was worth a mention because I had not seen it before.

Thanks again!

there maybe an AAR soon that starts where one player tries this out as an experiment [8D]
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

ORIGINAL: loki100

ORIGINAL: Rondor11

Thanks again!

there maybe an AAR soon that starts where one player tries this out as an experiment [8D]

Are the trucks returned to pool when the division abandons them? I'm thinking getting an elite corps motorized to hit Riga with one division, and the rest rushing to Pskov to prepare for Leningrad push might not be a bad idea at all. But yeah, those trucks might be needed later if they lose too much of them as a cost for the motorization effort.
dontra85

Post by dontra85 »

I can say I have tried this. Unlike wite1 enemy zoc don't stop them and they can attack. I tend to motorized agn and pzr group 1 for 4 divs total on turn 1
RG11B19D

Post by RG11B19D »

For an experiment. I motorized all the Security Divisions. Then broke them down into 3 regiments.
They did a good job filling in the holes of my encirclements. Living up to the name Security. [:D]

Only spent 1 AP for the Division. Instead of 3 AP for 3 regiments. [;)]

Return to “The War Room”