Quick Questions Thread

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: RedLancer, Joel Billings

gids

RE: Quick Questions Thread

Post by gids »

good lord ....have like 35inf units om 97% TOE waiting....ty for the help
FB jacky heusequin
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

CaesaerCzech - you get the AI Air Assist to move AOGs through the STANCE you give them. You can use the Commander Report - Air - AOG tab to change the STANCE or you can left click on the on-map label to do so. The stance to use for moving closer to the front is ADVANCE (imagine that!). Please note that the AI Air Assist is very good at determining where air bases in good logistical support are and it will only move AOGs to such air bases.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

And don't forget whether on flexible or advance, you need to move the HQ the air command is following forward if you want the air command air groups to move forward. So if you are following 18th Army, you need to move your 18th Army HQ forward into the general area where you want the air units to base.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Karri

Post by Karri »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

CaesaerCzech - you get the AI Air Assist to move AOGs through the STANCE you give them. You can use the Commander Report - Air - AOG tab to change the STANCE or you can left click on the on-map label to do so. The stance to use for moving closer to the front is ADVANCE (imagine that!). Please note that the AI Air Assist is very good at determining where air bases in good logistical support are and it will only move AOGs to such air bases.

You also have to assign the air groups to HQ's, and then they will only move when the HQ moves. Ie. if Luftlotte 4 is assigned (FHQ) to Army Group Center, and you never move the AGC unit, then the planes wont move either.

At least I think that's how it goes...
FriedrichII

Post by FriedrichII »

JG 54 from Luftflotte 1 had more planes after the air phase in T1 than before.
Does the airforce get‘s new planes before the normal turn ends?
I thought this would happen in the logistic phase?
RobWorham

Air Bases in Commander's Report?

Post by RobWorham »

Is it possible to view all the Air Bases in the Commander's Report, with Supply, Fuel, Ammo, Support, Vehicles, Capacity etc, to make it easier to move Air Groups from one base to another, rather than having to click on all the Air Bases on the map, to find a suitable location?
M60A3TTS

RE: Air Bases in Commander's Report?

Post by M60A3TTS »

Yes, you can filter airbases. The aircraft numbers are on the main tab and supply tab has men, fuel, guns, ammo in raw #s and % needed.
DekeFentle

Post by DekeFentle »

ORIGINAL: FriedrichII

Pretty sure you're seeing air craft repairing day to day during the week as opposed to replacements which occur in the logistics phase.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!
FriedrichII

Post by FriedrichII »

ORIGINAL: DekeFentle

ORIGINAL: FriedrichII

Pretty sure you're seeing air craft repairing day to day during the week as opposed to replacements which occur in the logistics phase.

Thanks, I took a look again and you are right. The difference has come from repaired aircrafts.
Such an incredible detailed game.
squatter

Post by squatter »

When changing a ground unit's HQ assignment, and then attacking with that ground unit, does it receive HQ assistance in exactly the same way as if it had been assigned to that HQ from the start of the turn?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

good question, I'd say yes as it should be keying off command chain at the moment of combat.

edit - here I'm working with an analogy to how GS works when you set it up, add a division to a targetted corp and it can draw off the preset GS.
squatter

Post by squatter »

ORIGINAL: loki100

good question, I'd say yes as it should be keying off command chain at the moment of combat.

edit - here I'm working with an analogy to how GS works when you set it up, add a division to a targetted corp and it can draw off the preset GS.

That's how I understand it but want to check...
squatter

Post by squatter »

How do you manually return air groups from reserve to AOGs in the scenarios where the theatre box is disabled?

I can see the air groups in the OOB but can't seem to give any commands to them?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

you can order them to the map either using the air command label or via the airbase
FriedrichII

Post by FriedrichII »

Is there a limit on how many Air Directives can created each turn? Is there a disadvantage (penalty) if too much AD are created?
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

There is a limit of 32 Air Directives per Air Command. There are no penalties based on the number of Air Directives.
guctony

Post by guctony »

Is sending units to Reserve box eating Railroad capacity.
"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
morvael

Post by morvael »

I haven't found this in the manual. Do City Fort Units can be forced to retreat as normal units?
FriedrichII

Post by FriedrichII »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58
There is a limit of 32 Air Directives per Air Command. There are no penalties based on the number of Air Directives.

Thank you very much.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: morvael

I haven't found this in the manual. Do City Fort Units can be forced to retreat as normal units?

yes, there is nothing to the city fort apart from the enhanced stacking and the rules for enter/leave.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”