Tracing Supply For Ports

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Rosencrantus

Tracing Supply For Ports

Post by Rosencrantus »

Just wondering why Riga isn't getting any freight by sea. I set Riga to be an import port and the ports in East Prussia to be exports but no cargo is going through. From what I remember reading the manual it should send freight automatically as long as the naval interdiction favours you. Am I forgetting something?

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (454.94 KiB) Viewed 8 times
Joel Billings

RE: Tracing Supply For Ports

Post by Joel Billings »

There is a built in delay in that the port will not receive anything until 2 turns after you capture it.

Turn 1 - Capture
Turn 2 - Generates port points
Turn 3 - Can use port points to unload freight

Now if the port is captured at 100% damage, I think you have to add another turn to bring it below 100% damaged.

If you are past these points, the next thing I would suggest would be checking that the supply priority is set higher in the receiving port than in the one you are using to export freight.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
MechFO

Post by MechFO »

Check the interdiction values. The AI is smart enough to run Naval interdiction. If you want to keep a lane open you need to run Naval interdiction of your own. Best done from Königsberg.
fritzfarlig

Post by fritzfarlig »

In Witw the airforce also working along the patch on the way
To the mission square I think it’s the same in Wite 2
dudefan

Post by dudefan »

Naval interdiction counters enemy naval interdiction?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

to an extent - whoever has +2 vs the other controls the sea hex, but high enemy interdiction can still cause a lot of shipping/freight losses.

so say 2 - 0, fine its your hex and you move with little damage but say 7-5, well its still your hex but you will lose shipping.
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

I think you can use air superiority to actually nullify/reduce enemy naval interdiction?

And setting naval patrol to target a port should reduce the interdiction that the port automatically creates?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”