I don't understand air rebasing

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

CrackingShow

I don't understand air rebasing

Post by CrackingShow »

I'm using the AI to handle my airforce, I have it set to follow 4th panzer group (I'm playing the road to Leningrad scenario) but it's not rebasing the planes.

I have pushed up to Pskov, I have the 4th panzer group near the front, and there are airbases available.

I have the Luftflotte and 1 Fliegerkorps set to advance stance, they both have 4th Pzr as FHQ.

But my air force is still in Lithuania.

What am I doing wrong?
quantas

RE: I don't understand air rebasing

Post by quantas »

Are your AOGs on "Advance" status?
CrackingShow

Post by CrackingShow »

Yeah, it looks like its working now. The air groups are moving up.
fritzfarlig

Post by fritzfarlig »

, just a thought damage airfields send engineer Auto toe ex
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Just to be sure, are the airfields repaired and are they in supply - has your logistics network caught up? The AOGs will try to rebase to follow their ground HQ, but only if there are supplied airfields closer to the front to rebase to and if they are not already in range at airfields farther back (the bombers will tend to lag behind the fighters for this reason).
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
CrackingShow

Post by CrackingShow »

It looks like its working fine now. Just got to remember to move up the FHQ. It looks like it was partly supply issues as well. The AI doesn't like rebasing into airbases with orange supply/ammo, but I've got the double rail to Pskov linked up so my supply is improving and issue should disappear.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”