[1.08.04b] attacking artillery capitulated

Moderator: Vic

bvoid

[1.08.04b] attacking artillery capitulated

Post by bvoid »

As subject, was bombarding some enemies in adjacent hex - no counter-battery fire.

Did some damage, 1 kill - but at end of fight all my units capitulated? And it wasn't just a display bug - the units were GONE afterwards.

Had 2 independenty artillery units attacking, and 2 militia units.

Is this intended?
newageofpower

RE: [1.08.04b] attacking artillery capitulated

Post by newageofpower »

Send save to Vic, with link to this thread in the email.
Vic

Post by Vic »

if you can repeat this behaviour from a save file send it to vic@vrdesigns.net please. And tell me which unit i'll have to attack with which unit please.

i'll check out whats going on.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
bvoid

Post by bvoid »

Sorry I wasn't able to find the save, I played a bunch of games over the weekend :(

In lots of games this has only ever happened to me once.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

I would guess this could happen if the units run out of ammo or supply on the last combat turn. Asuming of course Ammo consumption is calculated per turn.
All defending units should naturally capitulate, but the code might include ranged attack artillery as well.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

I wonder if it could be related to :
5.10.15.1. Combat looP
[...]
Attackers always capitulate when combat round 30 has been reached. This
can happen on very rare occasions, like with the so called “rebel combat.”
?
Heahengel

Post by Heahengel »

Apologies for a thread necro. I found this because I had the same problem with a missile launcher unit. I luckily have a save where it is repeatable. Would that still be useful?

I did some quick testing and I'm pretty sure the issue is that I have too many units in the hex. I hadn't realized that there was a 16 unit cap before, but I can see that I cannot move an additional unit into the hex. However, I was allowed to raise a unit there which brought my total to 17 units in hex. The unit display in the bottom bar kind of cycles through the top 16 units as I select them rather than displaying all of them - it's functional. I tried taking a turn and they all survived. Interestingly, attacking with air units still works as expected. It's only my missile launcher that capitulates every time I attack with it, unless I move a unit off the hex first.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Will be fixed next patch! thanks for reporting
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Tech Support”