Soviet tips & tricks for beginners-thread...

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

juv95hrn

Soviet tips & tricks for beginners-thread...

Post by juv95hrn »

- Is it a good idea, to remove and forward distant city AA units to the front early? Yes/no? I think it would cost too much AP to do it?

- Should you remove static AA from cities in the German invasion area to save them? Is it worth the APs?
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
M60A3TTS

RE: Soviet tips & tricks for beginners-thread...

Post by M60A3TTS »

You're better off spending those points on something like leader replacement in '41.
juv95hrn

Post by juv95hrn »

Indeed my suspicion. The cost of evacuating in AP might acutally be too steep even at a single AP, and I believe its a gradual scale in WITE2 as well.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
Omat

Post by Omat »

I would only move the soviet AA brigades and a couple AA regiments to Cities in the rear area with plants of industry (e.g. Gorky, Stalingrad etc.)

More important is to build depot's, airfields, fortification and to exchange the bad leaders.
From December on to build Cavalierly Corps...later Tank an Infantry corps.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

- Is it a good idea, to remove and forward distant city AA units to the front early? Yes/no? I think it would cost too much AP to do it?

- Should you remove static AA from cities in the German invasion area to save them? Is it worth the APs?

there's a second question - can you afford the equipment to fit them out properly. A lot of those formations start out on low TOEs, so if they survive they will claim production that might go to the AA formations supporting your combat units. Since city bombing is a rare action in WiTE2 (even around a port, naval interdiction is far more effective than port bombing), its worth asking what you are expecting to gain.

add on, as M60 says, you have far more important uses of your AP. Finding the 20 to create an Assault Front is a big commitment that will take a bit of hording and planning.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”