[1.08]All version up to 1.08.04b - cant replace vehicles in formations

Moderator: Vic

GazBot

[1.08]All version up to 1.08.04b - cant replace vehicles in formations

Post by GazBot »

Hello,

It seems the ability to replace vehicles in a unit with the next upgraded vehicle version is now not working.

So I have my original Light Tank Design, Ive created a new version of light tank, but when I build the replacements in the SHQ I cant then replace the older models in the formations as was previously possible.

Even if I set model type to "low" for the old model and say regular for the newer model, then set the replacement policy in the unit - the older models do not appear to get swapped out for the newer....

Cheers

Gaz
zgrssd

RE: [1.08]All version up to 1.08.04b - cant replace vehicles in formations

Post by zgrssd »

Just to make sure you did nto forgot some important part:
0. Do not use obsolete
1. Set the old model(s) to low quality. The current Model to regular quality
2. Tell all units to only tollerate low quality
3. Put some of the new models into the SHQ replacement pool
4. Actually have the Logistics connection to the units to do the replacement
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
GazBot

Post by GazBot »

Yep - I can confirm all that is done.

Ive even been oversupping my logistics network wondering if it was that - but I have plenty LP - so much so I just raised / deployed a whole armoured bde in the same hex as a unit I was trying to get the new model replacements into.

When I try and add the new model replacements - the screen opens and I can set the slider for the number of older units / models I want to replace, set the change for all OHQ, SQH etc...but the box where you select the replacement type is empty....
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

Are you certain the replacement is of the right model and type?
i.e., you are not trying to replace a light tank with a medium or do replacement on a Militia Tank by accident?
Given that nobody else seems to have any issues, I am still betting on a mistake. It might be best if you could upload your savegame on some 3rd party side, so others can take a look wich one it might be :)

Just a small reminder on the Militia units, as that is a common source of replacement issues:
- Militia gains access to every Model taht is > 30 turns (~5 earth years) old
- If the militia builds one of those Models in the SHQ, it is not properly indicated it is a militia unit
- Stuff like the Replacement screen wrongly includes Militia units, even if they can not be delivered to regular units
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
GazBot

Post by GazBot »

Yep Im certain.

NOte: that a unit of light tanks which looses unit in battle has had replacements of the newer model added form the SHQ pool.

Also I moved an independent light tank bn back to the SHQ unit - by next turn it had swapped out 30 units to the newer model sing the 30 units in the SHQ.

Iam certain their are LP available - it just doesnt seem to want to do the replacement....
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: GazBot

Yep Im certain.

NOte: that a unit of light tanks which looses unit in battle has had replacements of the newer model added form the SHQ pool.

Also I moved an independent light tank bn back to the SHQ unit - by next turn it had swapped out 30 units to the newer model sing the 30 units in the SHQ.

Iam certain their are LP available - it just doesnt seem to want to do the replacement....
At least for me this sounds more like you have a bottleneck right under the SHQ.

If a lot of Truck and Rail Points hit the city from the outside - but relatively little is produced in city itself - you can have this wierd situation where it is the Hex the SHQ is positioned in, is the bottleneck.
Basically the points comming from outside start trailing off, meaning that the SHQ has less then the Sum of the incomming roads
DW2 Poll:
GazBot

Post by GazBot »

but still does not explain why I can deploy whole armoured bdes but their is not enough logistics to move in the replacements.....

Also I set the allowance in the SHQ tab as well to ensure that enough LP where avialble for replacements....
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

If I had access to the savegame, I might be able to help more.

But at this time all you got is wait for Vic to give his Email.
DW2 Poll:

Return to “Tech Support”