Inofficial FAQ thread:

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

juv95hrn

Inofficial FAQ thread:

Post by juv95hrn »

In the WITE1-forums there was a very useful question-and-answer thread. And I believe someone even compiled a useful FAQ-document with reference to the rules, to assist in understanding the rules and the living document editions of game manuals that evolved.

I find myself asking a lot of the same questions, that I did in WITE1, when studying the pre-view manuals.

With one week until full release, I will start posting my own questions here, instead of smattering them all over the place. Or at least place them in this thread for future reference, as a sort of guide, and I encourage other forum users to do the same.

Thanks.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
juv95hrn

RE: Inofficial FAQ thread:

Post by juv95hrn »

20.2.2. Support Unit Construction Values

"Each eligible support unit may assist the fort level
building of no more than one combat unit per turn."

How is this ground unit decided, if multiple are available to receive assistance? Or which one of multiple, if the HQ contains more than one engineering unit?
If fx. a Soviet army has 9 divisions digging in, and one engineer unit attached, the admin roll is passed, which of the 9 divisions will the Engineer unit help dig in?

Could one subordinate ground unit, in effect, gain the support, of multiple engineer units, since they all can assist one each, but there is no limit to how many times a ground unit can be supported by an engineer?
If fx. a soviet army has 1 division (or fort zone with almost zero dig in value) digging in, but two engineer units attached (with lets say 25 dig in value each), could both engineers help that one combat unit dig in (if 2 admin rolls were passed)?
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
juv95hrn

Post by juv95hrn »

20.5.4. Disbanding Fortified Units

"Fortified units can be disbanded like any other unit, with
the exception that they do not need to be three hexes
away from enemy units."

What happens to attached Support Units, when a fortified zone it is attached to, is disbanded? I suspect it goes back into reserve, attached to the supreme command (STAVKA or OKH), but it might be disbanded and lost...

Answer:

They go to the parent HQ that controlled the fort. They are not disbanded.
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

20.5.4. Disbanding Fortified Units

"Fortified units can be disbanded like any other unit, with
the exception that they do not need to be three hexes
away from enemy units."

What happens to attached Support Units, when a fortified zone it is attached to, is disbanded? I suspect it goes back into reserve, attached to the supreme command (STAVKA or OKH), but it might be disbanded and lost...

They go to the parent HQ that controlled the fort. They are not disbanded.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

20.2.2. Support Unit Construction Values

"Each eligible support unit may assist the fort level
building of no more than one combat unit per turn."

I asked about this in WITE1 and never got an answer. How is this ground unit decided, if multiple are available to receive assistance? Or which one of multiple, if the HQ contains more than one engineering unit?

Could one subordinate ground unit, in effect, gain the support, of multiple engineer units, since they all can assist one each, but there is no limit to how many times a ground unit can be supported by an engineer? (as far as I know until now).

unless I am missing the point you are making, the answer is in the rule as written? Each SU can only assist a single CU?

your middle question is irrelevant due to the interaction of the other rules in this section. Each hex can only gain 50 construction pts (ie +1 level) per turn - see 20.2.4. I make no comment as to how in worked in #1, suggest that is a question best posed in that forum?

So CUs, citizens and SU are added together to generate the construction work with the ability of this to be carried out mediated by the supply situation in that hex.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”