Branching Penalty should be based on number of Branches, not number of hexes with branches

Moderator: Vic

zgrssd

Branching Penalty should be based on number of Branches, not number of hexes with branches

Post by zgrssd »

Currently the "Branching Penalty" to Logistics is based on the number of Hexes with branches - when it should be based on the number of branches.

Consider a case where you need to have 4 roads go off a main artery:
If you make one hex with all 4 outgoing roads, the Branching Count is 1.
If you got 4 hexes with one branch each outgoing, the Branching count is 4.

While it is pretty easy to work around it (I just make sure all branching happens in the hex with the logistic assets - usually the city), it is one of those annoying things to learn.

It should not be too hard to just count the number of Branches for each hex (Nr. of Roads leaving -2, min 0) as opposted to the number of hexes with > 3 leaving Roads. And multiply the free branching/divide the branching penalty by 3-6, depending how much branching is supposed to happen.
But maybe there was an issue with such a implementation I am not aware off?
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
redrum68

RE: Branching Penalty should be based on number of Branches, not number of hexes with branches

Post by redrum68 »

I agree though branching as a whole can often be mitigated by just branching less and having the branches wind through the assets that aren't on the main line rather than what I often see is a branch for each little asset off the main line.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”