[1.08.??]Possible Card Generation issues

Moderator: Vic

zgrssd

[1.08.??]Possible Card Generation issues

Post by zgrssd »

My own Observation:
The Stratagem Generation Report still speaks of the Cards costing BP, rather then [CouncilTask]CardPoints

Information I got from someone elses Picture:
Apparently it is possible to generate the same card more then once per turn (if there is a extremely lopsided weight). However when doing so the price and weight does not appear to be increased properly between each card.
i.e., generating 3 "Make Peace Cards" when it starts at 60 Card Points, costs 60 Card Points for each of them.

If a card has to be rolled to be generated it appears in the log as if the price was increased. But that might be a simple display inconsistency.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
BlueTemplar

RE: [1.08.??]Possible Card Generation issues

Post by BlueTemplar »

No it isn't a display inconsistency, because the math checks out !
fb.asp?m=4979638
50 = 30 + 45*0.44
(and 274 = 60*3 + 180*0.52, but no price increase here, since the last card is different)

I'd rather think that it's the price *changing* that was a programming "mistake"... even though from a design standpoint it would probably be better if both the price and weight indeed changed with each generated card ?

(That's in 1.08.03, game started on 1.07.06.)
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

No it isn't a display inconsistency, because the math checks out !
fb.asp?m=4979638
50 = 30 + 45*0.44
(and 274 = 60*3 + 180*0.52, but no price increase here, since the last card is different)
It is not a inconsistency that the displayed price is higher. I said as much. Very explicitly.

I was just point out that the dispalyed values do not nessesarily match the values that were actually used.

I just noticed such a problem all over the Airplanes - the Weight/Horse Power Ratio and Wingload are displayed as if they are from a 1G, 1 Bar planet. But the real values are definitely used in all that other code.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

The plot thickens...

Hmm, maybe you were in a way right about the display inconsistency ?

One possibility that I can think of is how there are *two* Councils generating points for Minor Diplomacy, but only one for Interior Policies !

Attachments
ShadowEmpi..ODKKzPPM.jpg
ShadowEmpi..ODKKzPPM.jpg (56.53 KiB) Viewed 8 times
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

The plot thickens...

Hmm, maybe you were in a way right about the display inconsistency ?

One possibility that I can think of is how there are *two* Councils generating points for Minor Diplomacy, but only one for Interior Policies !

But this time the cost of the cards did increase properly with each instance that was generated:
147-30 = 117
117-45 = 72
90*80% = 72
DW2 Poll:
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yes, I'm assuming now that Interior is actually working properly,
I mean that it's the Minor Diplomacy that doesn't display that it maybe (?) generates separately for the Supreme and the Foreign councils.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Wat

Attachments
ShadowEmpi..dAbKl9MW.jpg
ShadowEmpi..dAbKl9MW.jpg (62.53 KiB) Viewed 8 times
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

Wat

Ooookay....

So if it does it properly or not is apaprently non-deterministic. That will require some investigation by Vic :)
DW2 Poll:

Return to “Tech Support”