game is slow, lagging

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bstarr

game is slow, lagging

Post by bstarr »

This is probably an easy fix. I used to play this game all the time. It feels good to be back. The problem I've got is there seems to be some sort of a lag. I press a button and the computer seems to debate on whether or not it wants to do what I want it to do, then by the time I press the button the fifth time the screen switches and I'm pressing another button. This didn't happen before and my current computer is faster than the computer I used to play the game on so I have no idea what's going on here. Is there something I need to do to optimize my computer for the game? I don't remember having to do that before but I do recall having to adjust the screen size and I don't have to do that now.

Thank you,
Byron

kbfchicago

RE: game is slow, lagging

Post by kbfchicago »

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4592590

See link above in tech support. For me the "cpuX" switch where "X" is a cpu # (use 2, it's a safe bet) is what fixed this for me.
MacBook Pro / WITP-AE running in Parallels v15.x
bstarr

Post by bstarr »

ok, thanks a million

Thayne

Post by Thayne »

For me, all sorts of lag and other issues were exterminated when I changed the view.

I set up a shortcut using:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -skipVideo -w -px1920 -py1080

I was expecting to make better use of my monitor. It was a bonus when this completely ended the problem with lag that I was experiencing as I tried to submit orders . . .

[Seriously, it took me a good 5 minutes to get a sub at Midway to go on patrol . . .

"Yes, Captain. That big Island to the northwest. NO! Do not go to the island! Just patrol around in the waters in front of the island. You look for ships. What do you do when you see one? You shoot a torpedo at it. A torpedo! One of them cylinder-shaped things we put in your submarine. No, that's a can of beans. Torpedoes are bigger. Quite a bit bigger. . . . ."

This change also allowed me to tab out of the game to write a message like this without destroying all of the text in the game. (The text used to turn into puke green blobs if I tabbed out.)

All fixed.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”