How to create landing craft???

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ScottyG

How to create landing craft???

Post by ScottyG »

Ok i'm finally attempting to make offensive moves up the solomons & slow attempts up in new guinea. I have been building up tulagi, port moresbe & lae. My question is how do i create landing craft as i start offensive operations???

RangerJoe

RE: How to create landing craft???

Post by RangerJoe »

Check your Intelligence screen, the incoming ships, see if you have any available. If so, you can do so at a port if there are enough supplies. I am sure that this is covered somewhere in the manual.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

It took me about 3 min. to find this post and about 10 min. to make the graphic.

You need to work on your Forum search skill.

Don Bowen Post 186:
fb.asp?m=1983783

Attachments
lc280.jpg
lc280.jpg (245.03 KiB) Viewed 10 times
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
ScottyG

Post by ScottyG »

I did do a search for landing craft and virtually came up with really anything stating how to create landing craft, and i did also check the "available" ships which showed nothing to be available until the latter part of 42. And i would probably not find the thread with a title name "RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread II". I do see that building up large amounts of supply does assist??? Plus your pics date shows May 25, 1944 mind i am in mid 1942.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

It does not matter the date, the concept is the same. I wonder, can you comprehend that?[&:][&:]

― Julia Child

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

The Landing Craft deployed from Pools (known around here as Pool Craft) by expending supply are very short ranged, with very small capacities, and useful only within island chains. You won't start getting them added to your Pool until either late '42 or early '43 (can't recall specifically).

The types that enter as Ship type reinforcements have greater range and capacities and can be used in longer raged invasions. You don't start getting those until early '43.

The dedicated Military ship type transports (AP and AK and later APA and AKA) ARE amphibious invasion ship types. They carry the small landing craft you are looking, Their landing craft are not visible as ship types, but are abstracted into those ship types unloading rates across beaches. AP and AK types have much higher unloading rates than xAPs and xAKs (civilian ships conscripted into military srevice). APAs and AKAs have even higher (astronomical) rates.

Many of your early APs and AKs will upgrade to APAs and AKAs in 3/43. Protect them at all costs and use them only in heavily protected and non-risky invasions in '42.

British and Commonwealth have a few ship types (xAKs and AMCs) that can be converted to LSI(L)s and/or LSI(M). These are equivalent to APAs. Find these ships and harbor this resource until it can be used effectively.
Hans

ScottyG

Post by ScottyG »

Boy i wonder is this the way you treat all noobs around here? You know its not cool as everybody starts at the same place, i have to wonder, do you have a neurological condition? Were you dropped as a child (probably several times the way you act)???
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: ScottyG

Boy i wonder is this the way you treat all noobs around here? You know its not cool as everybody starts at the same place, i have to wonder, do you have a neurological condition? Were you dropped as a child (probably several times the way you act)???

Whom are you referring to?

― Julia Child

ScottyG

Post by ScottyG »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Look over to the right of my post smacky, or did you lose your glasses again. you know with over 10,000 posts one has to wonder have you been this outta line with every other new player? Very unprofessional of you, ya turd.
ScottyG

Post by ScottyG »

Look over to the right of my post smacky, or did you lose your glasses again. you know with over 10,000 posts one has to wonder have you been this rude & outta line with every other new player? Very unprofessional of you, ya turd.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

CREATING . . . BARGES
Small combatants such as American PT boats were particularly useful in narrow waters, both
sides made use of PT’s and MGB’s, as well as various barges and landing craft (LCVPs, LCMs,
and LBs) for short beach to beach invasions and supply hops between islands. . . .

I found that in the manual. [X(] It continues on and describes how to do it. [8D] WOW!

― Julia Child

Leandros

Post by Leandros »

It does not matter the date, the concept is the same. I wonder, can you comprehend that?[&:][&:]
That was rather rude, I find...

Fred
River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3 ... rw_dp_labf
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Fred

It was rude that he complained that someone trying to assist him that he complained that the dates on the picture posted is different than the date in his game. Is there supposed to be a different way to do things based upon the date in the game? [&:] Without knowing what date it is in his game, how can it be explained to him that they are not available yet? [&:]

He had been repeatedly been asked to post pictures but he did not do so until much later. He would reword the same question trying to get the answer that he wanted. He kept referring to another game entirely as to how things worked there even though he was informed that it is a different game and works differently.

It also appears that he does not read the manual but expects people to help him to play the game. I do not mind helping people with problems but they should try to help themselves first.

― Julia Child

ScottyG

Post by ScottyG »

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Fred

He's ALWAYS rude, has been with me since jump, and i'm sure since his over 10,000 posts he's been rude to others. He's just a flat out jerk (and thats putting it politely) He is right maybe i should be reading the manual a lil more, but i always look on youtube for their helpful videos & do searches here on the message boards (which i do do whether hr brlieves it or not). But he comes off rude ALL THE TIME, he trolls these message boards like crazy, he must not have anything better to do. I'm guessing he must be retired and mad at the world so he looks for people to correct. I was gonna ask him to be my friend but not no more[:D]
Dan1977

Post by Dan1977 »

To RangerJoe, You are a little harsh to ScottyG. Yes, he should use the manual more. But remember we share a common interest...this game. That should count for something.

To ScottyG, He is grumpy sometimes (see the Grumpy Geezer thread). He has been nice to me so far. I'm new to the forum, but not to the game. Remember that he was the first to arrive and answer your question, as he usually does.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

... i always look on youtube for their helpful videos & do searches here on the message boards (which i do do whether hr brlieves it or not)...

Youtube can't be all that helpful because you keep coming here for correct information.

As to you searching the forum for answers, well you can't be competent at that task because you consistently fail to retrieve the relevant answers, a task which others consistently achieve in this and the other threads you open.

As to "rudeness", maybe you should read up on Matrix's forum rules. The only poster in this thread I've seen who has not complied with them is you. You should consider yourself lucky no one has complained to the Moderator and your posting privilege remains for now.

Alfred
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

It also appears that he does not read the manual but expects people to help him to play the game. I do not mind helping people with problems but they should try to help themselves first.

And for these reasons I've stopped responding to his posts.

Please understand this, this game is extremely involved and has more layers than an onion. I've spent many years tilting at this windmill, and others have spent more. If you are not willing to put in the time and effort, we can't teach you the game. Not that I don't want to, I just don't have the time. Especially since I started that other 'time vampire' of a game, MWiF.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”