What am I missing? Malta

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

Zemke

What am I missing? Malta

Post by Zemke »

I cannot seem to take Malta. Frankly, I cannot seem to get an amphibious unit to land or a para to drop on Malta. I have spent several turns bombing the island's lone unit, (5-6 at least) and cannot get my 100% ready Paratrooper unit to make a drop or my amphibious unit to land, and land where, on top of the unit is the only thing I can figure, but that is not an option.

I bought this game when it first came out and have recently come back to it, and I remember being able to take Malta in the past, but not I cannot. Can someone please enlighten me?

I like this game, I really do, but I wish the manual was more detailed and specific on how you do certain important things.
"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
ncc1701e

RE: What am I missing? Malta

Post by ncc1701e »

You need to land on the beach. Malta has only one. Before invading, do a naval blockade by putting the Italian fleet next to the island (few turns). Then, land on the beach with a good unit. Then, bomb again the island's lone unit. Then, attack.

Forget the paratroopers for Malta. This is not implemented for paratroopers to land directly on the beach. Put them in Greece.

Attachments
malta.jpg
malta.jpg (18.77 KiB) Viewed 2 times
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
AlvaroSousa

RE: What am I missing? Malta

Post by AlvaroSousa »

These is also an invasion guide available.

Game Manuals (v1.00.08) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SHuPAR ... sp=sharing
Location - Default game location folder which is usually.... C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix\WarPlan\Manuals
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Return to “WarPlan”