Extended Game length

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

wobbleguts

Extended Game length

Post by wobbleguts »

Hi,

Playing Barbarossa (done so a few times now) and have been using the 'extended game length option'. Someone said on these forums that this will stretch the end date to 1952.

That was exactly the option I was looking for because I hate forced end dates. I use the additional turns to learn about stretched supply etc and gloat about changing world history.

I selected this optional rule twice when starting the scenario, but each time my Barbarossa ended in Jan/Feb 1942, which is historically accurate but in no way extended. This is v annoying because while I win (axis biased for now) I haven't had the time to take Georgia or cities like archangel.

My latest game just ended at the same early 1942 date so I checked the optional rules while the game was still open to see what was going on. Yes, the 'extended game length' is ticked, but if I select it, I get an info screen and an extra button - 'select end date'. BINGO! Of course I selected 1952. Didn't help with my finished game (because it has ended) but I loaded the previous save and it works! I am now back at Nov/DEC 1941 and have 67 turns remaining!

Most games that allow you to do this have a simple 'disable end date' option which you select and it's done. Of course Detailed/Complex/non-intuative WIF wants you to jump a few more hurdles before it happens. Fiddly but I'm glad I found the missing steps.

Having finally found out how to extend this scenario, I have a question. Only one.

I reloaded the saved game and changed the end date to 1952. It is now late 1941. I have already taken Moscow and will take Stalingrad soon. Looking at the map, the USSR is already basically defeated. Is there a point in this scenario when they will actually surrender? Do surrenders happen in WIF? (they probably do).

michaelbaldur

RE: Extended Game length

Post by michaelbaldur »

the 2 small scenarios are limited to 5 turns.

extended game length only work with the full scenarios
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
wobbleguts

Post by wobbleguts »

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

the 2 small scenarios are limited to 5 turns.

extended game length only work with the full scenarios

No, you can extend the end date on the short Barbarossa scenario. Not sure how well it works but I will give it a go. Am now up to spring 1942 and have 64 turns remaining.

Will the game end if I take the last 5 USSR objectives for the Axis?

Attachments
eg.jpg
eg.jpg (287.73 KiB) Viewed 7 times
wobbleguts

Post by wobbleguts »

Look at how pitiful the USSR position is.

All I needed was one more month added to the scenario to get to this. Not good enough to do it with restricted turns.

Attachments
sadsov.jpg
sadsov.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 7 times

Return to “World in Flames”