Does this game ever go on sale?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

UANDY4

Does this game ever go on sale?

Post by UANDY4 »

I've been eyeballing this game for a while now its just I don't have $80 just lying around for one game.... I've also never used Matrix games before, so I don't know if they ever put stuff on sale. Is there like a Christmas sale or anytime I should be looking for a sale on this game or does it not go on sale? Also is there a discord for this game?
GetAssista

RE: Does this game ever go on sale?

Post by GetAssista »

AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

It has been on sale recently I believe, and last year too for Christmas time (I bought it last year but ... it remained shelved since after a shy approach.).

I cannot predict when it may go on sale again, but I believe about Easter Matrix may do another sales campaign (iirc they tend to do).
UANDY4

Post by UANDY4 »

OK thank yall!
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

It should be on sale again at Easter. I'd wait until then. Still, I've never regretted dropping $80 on this.

Cheers,
CB
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

Same, no regret, and have been playing this game for nearly 12 years. While waiting for the game to be on sale again, take some time to read a couple of AAR’s, to see if the game looks to your liking. As another thread shows, this game is not for every kind of player - you have to like the chores of logistics to enjoy this game. A campaign, even against the AI, won’t be finished in a couple of weeks, you’re contemplating a path of at least one RL hour per in-game day (if not more). If you’re not ready for that, and expect, for example, a tactical carrier game, you’ll be sad.

All in, the game’s cost per hour is under the cent.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

Same, no regret, and have been playing this game for nearly 12 years. While waiting for the game to be on sale again, take some time to read a couple of AAR’s, to see if the game looks to your liking. As another thread shows, this game is not for every kind of player - you have to like the chores of logistics to enjoy this game. A campaign, even against the AI, won’t be finished in a couple of weeks, you’re contemplating a path of at least one RL hour per in-game day (if not more). If you’re not ready for that, and expect, for example, a tactical carrier game, you’ll be sad.

All in, the game’s cost per hour is under the cent.
The logistics sounds boring, but pretty quickly you get a feeling of small victory when your resupply/fuel convoy makes it to destination and relieves the pressure on the local situation. Like planning a vacation and getting good weather throughout! [8D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
UANDY4

Post by UANDY4 »

Yeah, I can't wait to get the game I've been watching a ton of YouTube videos on it for the past few months its just I'm a broke college student at the moment lol. Also is there a discord for it I can join?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”