Malta 'Supply Blockade'

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

squatter

Malta 'Supply Blockade'

Post by squatter »

The axis player has a submarine in a hex next to Malta for many turns in a row.

The beginning of turn report keeps saying 'Malta under supply blockade'

The units on Malta have zero supply and are slowly dying.

But there is no report of supply interdiction in the combat log or beginning of turn report. When you hover over the Malta hex it doesn't show any port supply amount, it just says 'Port'.

I can't find an explanation for exactly what rules are at play here - there are no incidences of the word 'blockade' in the manual.

Any ideas?
AlvaroSousa

RE: Malta 'Supply Blockade'

Post by AlvaroSousa »

It is in the scenario notes of the game as a special rule. You can read the scenario notes in the report and it pops up when the game 1st starts
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
squatter

Post by squatter »

Ah I see. Thank you
squatter

Post by squatter »

The issue with this rule is that the sub you park off malta isn't subject to interdiction from air units in the same way it would be if it was trying to block port supply. The sub is in effect invulnerable to air units and can sit there nibbling away at supply unless some ships turn up.

I like the rule - I reckon it should be amended to include the same risk of losses to the sub as if it were interdicting port supply, and extended to all island ports, ie you should be able to blockade Rhodes/Crete/Canary Islands etc also

Return to “WarPlan”