Minor AI faction disappeared after conquering a city

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

compactset

Minor AI faction disappeared after conquering a city

Post by compactset »

In the current game I played the following happened: after I barely managed to conquer a new city, the neighboring AI minor faction assaulted and took the city. The next turn it abandoned the city and I could take possession of it again, and after that all the troops of this faction disappeared.

I think I understood what happened: the Ai minor resided in a zone without any city, when it conquered my city I suppose their zone got assigned this city. When you take the city of the territory of a minor regime all of its troops vanish, this is working as intended, so the AI minor in my case was deleted by this rule.

This all fits in the ruleset of the game, but it seems really wrong: if a minor spawns in a territory without any city (like AI or slavers), then I think the rule I mentioned should not be applied.
Sieppo

RE: Minor AI faction disappeared after conquering a city

Post by Sieppo »

Yes this seems like an oversight and should be fixed.
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

Best to report it as a big in Tech Support.

I think it has been reported before, but I could be wrong about it.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
compactset

Post by compactset »

I wanted to ask the opinion of other players first, it is not a proper bug but more like a rigid application of the current ruleset that feels very wrong. I will post this in the tech subforum.

Return to “Shadow Empire”