Yugoslavia Coup event

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
cendrich

Yugoslavia Coup event

Post by cendrich »

version 1.19.00
"1939 Storm over Europe" campaign

When event "DE 104 - UK: Support A Pro-Allied Coup In Yugoslavia?" fires, I get the message, that the UK has supported the coup, but there is afterwards no change to the mobilization value (45%) of Yugoslavia and they do not join the Allies. They are still leaning towards the Axis, as before the event. Also waiting until the next turn (April 15th 1940) does not help. Quote from the strategy guide (event option) "Yes: Yugoslavia joins the Allies and receives a half strength HQ.". They do get the HQ via the event.
BillRunacre

RE: Yugoslavia Coup event

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi cendrich

The timing of Yugoslavia joining the Allies is now slightly variable, so it can now occur anytime between March and the end of April 1941.

It might therefore be that you just need to play another turn or two before it will happen.

This change was made because otherwise Axis players had an advantage in always knowing when Yugoslavia would join the Allies, and therefore when to deploy their forces ready to invade.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
cendrich

Post by cendrich »

Okay, I see. Then you should adjust the strategy guide.

In my case the event fired at 24th of March 1941 and I waited until the next turn on the 15th of April to check, if it fires. So you are saying, I would have even had to wait until the May 7th turn. And yes, it fired on May 7th in my game.

The problem I see there is, that this leaves only 2 turns until the start of "Barbarossa". And you need 1 turn to finish Yugoslavia. Quite little room to bring the forces to the Soviet border. The game is exellent, but the biggest stress for me is to deploy the forces in time for an operation. If you redeploy, your MPPs will vanish and if you let them walk, they arrive too late and this is not very realistic to me. Example, German troops from Poland would have to march about 1000 km from Poland to the western front. At normal speed, I would suppose, that they can make 50km/day. But lets suppose only 25km/day, then they should arrive after 40 days. In the game they don't even make it after 6 months. So the game suggests, that they march at less than 5.5 km/day.

I would prefer the game to have way more turns, with a fixed length of a week or so to move troops, to have more time for combat operations and in winter to do some naval warfare and upgrade the troops. (under "...\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe Public Beta\Suggestions thread", I have posted the last part with my suggestions in more detail)
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

It can be strongly argued that the Axis are better off declaring war on Yugo and invading on their own terms (weather, timing) instead of waiting for the coup.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
cendrich

Post by cendrich »

If the coup comes at the historical date, that's okay for me.
If Germany declares war on Yugoslavia, the Soviet mobilization value will go up about 8%, USA will remain the same. My goal is to keep mobilization for USA and the Soviets as low as possible, for as long as possible. That means, I welcome the war by event approach, because it does not raise mobilization. For that reason, I also let Italy declare war on Greece by event, to avoid the mobilization increase.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Good point about the strategy guide, I'll get that updated.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Return to “Tech Support”