what do artifacts do?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

mahaniok

what do artifacts do?

Post by mahaniok »

I have a fate stratagem that can generate three uncommon artifacts for me. but after I use it, I can't see artifacts anywhere in the UI and can't figure out what they do. Any advice?
Soar_Slitherine

RE: what do artifacts do?

Post by Soar_Slitherine »

Artifacts are strategem cards, and they'll be distinguished by a blue background. You can find them under the Leader, Zone or Unit strategem category, depending on the three specific artifacts you got.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

Artifacts are random, Galactic Republic era technology Strategy Cards:
Cloning Factories, high grade chemical weapons, neutral implants for leaders - all somewhat OP.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
redrum68

Post by redrum68 »

Related to this is there anywhere that describes what each artifact actually provides? It seems many of the descriptions and tooltips are pretty vague. An example would be "Energy Lance" which just says "An ancient weapon that can pierce any known armour. Ever seen a tank cut in two?" and tooltip is "Gives selected Unit this ancient Artifact which will provide it with a bonus in combat."
Maerchen

Post by Maerchen »

If you use the strat card on a unit you can then click the unit and see its feat bonus. Yes, wonky. Like a lot of the UI.
The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.
redrum68

Post by redrum68 »

Yeah, I figured that out eventually. Problem being for something like artifacts, you don't get many and knowing after you use it is much less useful than knowing before you use it :)
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: redrum68

Yeah, I figured that out eventually. Problem being for something like artifacts, you don't get many and knowing after you use it is much less useful than knowing before you use it :)
Two words:
Save Scumming [;)]

We all agree it needs to be fixed, but it is on a pretty long list of things that need fixing.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690
redrum68

Post by redrum68 »

Haha. Fair enough. I was just hoping I was missing something or someone had already gone through the save scumming pain and wrote it down somewhere :)
mahaniok

Post by mahaniok »

thanks! I looked everywhere but it didn't occur to me to look in stratagem list. I have just hundreds of stratagems so it's tough to notice new ones. :)

Return to “Shadow Empire”