[1.06b15] Possible upgrade/replace bug at SHQ

Moderator: Vic

Elver

[1.06b15] Possible upgrade/replace bug at SHQ

Post by Elver »

I'm not 100% sure this isn't supposed to happen, so I'd like a clarification if possible: is there ever any reason I should not be able to upgrade units in the same hex as their SHQ so long as I have all needed resources? Likewise, is there any reason I should not be able to replace vehicles in the same hex as the SHQ with vehicles currently inside that SHQ? Or for that matter, should it ever be possible for me to be unable to upgrade infantry currently sitting in the SHQ? I have a situation where for at least 3 turns I cannot upgrade or replace anything, and the UI appears to be telling me that there are not log points available to perform the upgrade. It's also listing the pickup point as another hex - and when I moved a unit to that hex, it still couldn't perform replacements and the UI then reported the pickup point as still another hex. Alternately, for some units trying to upgrade from the SHQ hex, it reports "No pickup point found, no connection to SHQ available".

I have a save available if this is indeed a bug and not me missing something obvious.
Vic

RE: [1.06b15] Possible upgrade/replace bug at SHQ

Post by Vic »

Yes please send the savefile over to vic@vrdesigns.net and make sure to include a link to this thread.

I'll take a look and check this out. And report back!

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Elver

RE: [1.06b15] Possible upgrade/replace bug at SHQ

Post by Elver »

Thanks for looking at this. However, after applying the 1.07 patch I'm still having problems. Upgrade appears to work as advertised. However, replacement does not. Using the same file as the one I provided, trying to upgrade the two fighter-bomber wings of Eagles II (same hex as SHQ) to Eagles III (in the SHQ) behaves as follows:

- If I select "Replace" and choose Eagle III for all the Eagles II of a particular XP level, the UI will let me select the replacement and report that the correct number of units were replaced. However, they will not be replaced.

- If I select "Mass Replace" and choose either same unit, same OHQ, or same SHQ, it will let me select the replacement and report that 0 Eagles II were replaced in 0 units. Again, the units will not be replaced.

Return to “Tech Support”