Stuck in Vichy France Rebase Digression

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

kerog

Stuck in Vichy France Rebase Digression

Post by kerog »

After choosing vichy/free france territories, it goes to a fleet rebase digression, including the remaining French air and the fleet. The air are weird: when I select them it says they have been overrun and have nowhere to go and basically forces me to destroy them, but they still show up in the digression box. Then I try and place the fleet in Marseilles (the only place it will let me), but nothing ever leaves the digression box and I am unable to move on or save. I don't know if the fact that both Marseilles and Toulon are in Italian ZOC, and Nice is Italian controlled have anything to do with it. Anyone seen something like this? Anyone know what to do? If I go back to my last save (sadly a while ago) is this likely to recur?
-Keith
Centuur

RE: Stuck in Vichy France Rebase Digression

Post by Centuur »

It's difficult to see what's going wrong, without a game save...

There should be an autosave from the conquest phase.
Peter
kerog

Post by kerog »

Where would I find that? I actually can't find any of my saved files through the regular windows interface, even though I know they are there. And when I try to load an autosave using the game interface, it only shows stuff from back in October when I first started playing again. And the files I see there just Initiative, setting ups, and weather...

Was there some setting I needed to change?
-Keith
craigbear

Post by craigbear »

Try the Virtual Store folder if you can find it.
kerog

Post by kerog »

Here's a save file at the end of turn phase, a little before conquest. Still can't find the autosave files. Verified that I have autosave on and set the directory, but nothing is getting stored there except empty folder.
Attachments
ThirdTryEndofT5.zip
(1.47 MiB) Not downloaded yet
-Keith
kerog

Post by kerog »

Ah, looked again in the new autosave folder I created and the files are now there! Enclosing a zip from the start of vichy...
Attachments
VichyDecl..Control.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
-Keith
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I've loaded the game save and processed the Vichy declaration phase totally. I didn't get the bug you mentioned using the latest beta version. I could not select air units during the Vichy naval rebase phase. So this bug has been fixed already.

Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

I've loaded the game save and processed the Vichy declaration phase totally. I didn't get the bug you mentioned using the latest beta version. I could not select air units during the Vichy naval rebase phase. So this bug has been fixed already.

Yes.

The saved game you provided shows that you are running version 03.00.02.00.

You should download and install the Public Beta version 04.02.00.00.

The link to that is provided in the thread
v04.02.00.00 Beta Available Now!

---

Note that when that thread was first created there some players had problems downloading the files. Those have since been fixed and links that the first post in the thread should all work cleanly.

---

In late November I also posted two Hot Patches (which require version 04.02.00.00 to first be installed):
04.02.01.01 and
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”