How's Operation Torch DLC ?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: RedLancer, Joel Billings

nukkxx5058

How's Operation Torch DLC ?

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Would you recommend it ? Are the middle size scenarios [20-30 turns] any good/balanced to be played in PBEM ? Is it easy to find opponents who also own Torch ?
Would appreciate your views on this matter.

Thx
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (April 2022) :-)
loki100

RE: How's Operation Torch DLC ?

Post by loki100 »

personally I find them first rate.

They really bring the logistics, that the Allies struggled to go toe to toe with the Germans etc to the fore.

I'm no great fan of the purely Italy scenarios but find myself going back to these quite often. Low counter density + big decisions does it for me [;)]
superhans

Post by superhans »

I really like it. I have found no problem finding opponents. Multiplayer system works well. Let me know if you want to PBEM.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Cool ! And are medium size scenarios in Torch well balanced to be interesting in PBEM ? In particular the Afrika ones ?
Otherwise sure, will let you know for PBEM :-) Still need some air ops and supply training for the moment ... but soon !
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (April 2022) :-)
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Ok I took it ! Just didn't realize it was on sale on Matrix' site and took it from Steam at the BIG price ... too bad [:(]
Anyway, what's done's done. The desert sand already made me forget this incident: Playing my first scenario as Rommel, looks greatissimo !!!
Having good fun ! What a great game !!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”