Security garrisons

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

havoc1371

Security garrisons

Post by havoc1371 »

Someone else may have mentioned this before, but I think introducing a "security" garrison unit into the mix would be good. Make it weak, so it is only useful against partisans and weak invasion attempts. One point units that can garrison cities and rail junctions. Or does this do too much to negate the partisan effect? Maybe restrict by making it immobile? Or moves like AA guns?
AlvaroSousa

RE: Security garrisons

Post by AlvaroSousa »

This suggestion was already discussed. Partisan range was extended for units quite a lot to compensate.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
havoc1371

Post by havoc1371 »

Extended beyond the same hex for a division and surrounding hexes for a corps? Didn't catch what that was.
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Units have a 5 hex radius to stop map created partisans.
The protect vs rail blow ups in a 1 hex radius of their position.
All major powers have map partisans.
Only some minor powers do like Yugo and Spain.

Are you reading the 1.00.08 rules or the one that the game came with? The original is very outdated now as many improvements have been made. I will be replacing that manual in the next patch so it is available from the menu link.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
havoc1371

Post by havoc1371 »

I read the original rules and viewed posts about the partisans. Just figured out where an updated manual was and will go through it.
havoc1371

Post by havoc1371 »

The rule for partisans is confusing because the first sentence seems to conflict with the last one. So is it the unit's hex and the surrounding adjacent hexes, or is it within 5 hexes of a unit? I am still getting partisans "spawning" within five hexes of my units, so it doesn't seem that hexes within five of a unit is right.

"Any unit protects vs partisans in their own hex. Any land unit will protect vs partisans in their hex and the surrounding 6 hexes. Major powers or countries with scorched earth will generate partisan units in addition to damaging rail hexes and production. Partisans may not use landing craft. Partisans units can’t spawn if within 5 hexes of an enemy land unit."
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

I changed to ruling so it was clearer....

Partisans — Each country has a partisan value. There are two types of partisans, saboteurs and units. Saboteurs turn rail into damaged rail and only affect countries in which their owned territory is now occupied by a country they are at war with. They do not generate a unit on the map. Any unit protects vs saboteurs in their own hex. Any land unit will protect vs saboteurs in their hex and the surrounding 6 hexes. Major powers or countries with scorched earth will generate unit partisan in addition to saboteurs. Unit partisans may not use landing craft. Unit partisans units can’t spawn if within 5 hexes of an enemy land unit.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Return to “WarPlan”