Beta 1.00.09U12 is up

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

AlvaroSousa

Beta 1.00.09U12 is up

Post by AlvaroSousa »

November 4rd 2020 - Beta 1.00.09U12

Fixed partisans appearing on liberators
Fixed naval interception range bug
Added new level of recon to units showing large or small formations
Fixed West side Gibraltar invasion landing hex
Added extra script checkers
Added Iron Ore route from Narvik is considered a protected convoy route and may not be interdicted by naval units
Removed Norway to Arctic convoy route

Game, Scenarios, Rules all updated

Norway decision - With tons of research there is no creative change I can do in Norway that follows history. Norway's only strategic advantage was to make it easier to attack convoys. So there is nothing I can really add except the 5 production and strategic resource. For the Allies their only serious action was to invade Norway. In WarPlan they can do that and fully stop the iron ore shipments. While they tried to interfere the iron ore route it seemed relatively safe if Norway was neutral or in Axis hands. Germany's largest fear was that they would invade Narvik then the iron ore mines.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
Harrybanana

RE: Beta 1.00.09U12 is up

Post by Harrybanana »

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Norway decision - With tons of research there is no creative change I can do in Norway that follows history. Norway's only strategic advantage was to make it easier to attack convoys. So there is nothing I can really add except the 5 production and strategic resource. For the Allies their only serious action was to invade Norway. In WarPlan they can do that and fully stop the iron ore shipments. While they tried to interfere the iron ore route it seemed relatively safe if Norway was neutral or in Axis hands. Germany's largest fear was that they would invade Narvik then the iron ore mines.

Alvaro,

I have no problem with everything you have done except giving the Axis a free bomber. As you have now made it so that the Iron ore route from Norway can't be attacked I think you have given the Allies a very good reason to invade Norway and the Axis a very good reason to beat them to it. So I don't see why you felt it necessary to give the Axis the added incentive of a free bomber.
Robert Harris
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Oops that's not supposed to be there.

I removed it. I did do it, then I didn't like it, so I removed it.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
havoc1371

Post by havoc1371 »

And the fix for the divisions/corps merging that created large corps from two divisions?
ComadrejaKorp

Post by ComadrejaKorp »

Fixed in previous Beta.
havoc1371

Post by havoc1371 »

Ah. Didn't realize there was a separate location to download the beta patches. Got it.

Return to “WarPlan”